• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Enemy Scares You the Most?

NaviandLink here, what is an enemy that scares you the most in Zelda? For starters the scariest for me is the Silent Realm Guardians...they scare me so much. What are your thought about scary enemies? Let me know. NaviandLink,out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would probably choose the Silent Realm Guardians or The Imprisoned from Skyward Sword. The Guardians really were intimidating. They really got my heart racing when they were after me. I don't think I've ever been so paranoid or fidgety when playing a video game then when I first played through the Silent Realms. The Imprisoned was just plain scary. If Nintendo wanted to intimidate you, they certainly pulled it off splendidly. Not only was The Imprisoned's appearance scary, the fight was pulse-racing too. You didn't know what this thing was or what it wanted to do, you just knew you had to stop it, and fast. I was thoroughly impressed with it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The most creepy enemy in the Zelda series is either the TWW ReDead or the OoT/MM Floor/Wallmasters. Those things, while coming with a warning, are freaky as eff. I can recall numerous moments when I was close to peeing my pants due to the massive stream of excitement, or rather, pure scare. These enemies aren't bad at all, they're just bizarre. The TWW ReDead's shrill scream not only creeped me out in the Earth Temple but also even in the Savage Labyrinth. And the floor/wallmasters? Do I need to comment on them? *shudder*

Hmm, I don't find many monsters in Legend of Zelda particularly scary. However, I did have one moment in OoT Master Quest that surprised me:

(MQ Shadow Temple Spoiler)

In the Master Quest Shadow Temple, there is a room with a Dead Hand without any... hands, so it just appears as a darkened circle on the ground. At the time I wasn't aware that you could bomb Dead Hands out of the ground or that they appeared as shadows; I just triggered them by letting a hand grab me and then escaping and hitting their creepy, bitey faces with the sword.

Anyway, I spent a couple minutes in the room looking around, but the dark circle was the only notable feature. I eventually tried bombing it, and started in surprise and disgust when a Dead Hand shot out of the ground and attacked me. I think that was the moment I was most genuinely surprised/unsettled while playing Master Quest.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
While I don't find any of the enemies in Zelda scary anymore, I have to admit Gibdos used to be the things of nightmares for me.

Gibdos were annoying but not scary to me, the Dead Hand did surprise me though and they are annoying to kill, other than that the wall master caught me off guard once in the forest temple as I didn't know what to expect.

I'm gonna say Re-Deads but only in Wind Waker. The first time i saw a WW Re-Dead i was fascinated by its awesome design, then was really scared because its head was huge and link was tiny so it was probably going to eat him. To this day i still stay clear of WW Re-Deads and only kill the ones i have to because i can't get over the notion that they may eat Link whole.

My second scariest enemy would again be in Wind Waker; the Seahats. I hate those things so much, they attack in swarms, are huge and their faces are like clowns and fish. I don't mind clowns but i'm scared of fish and these ones hover! My scariest moment while playing was when i was listening to music and as such didn't hear the enemy music in WW, i turned my camera to suddenly see a manic Seahat charging me, scared me half to death.

My second scariest enemy would again be in Wind Waker; the Seahats. I hate those things so much, they attack in swarms, are huge and their faces are like clowns and fish. I don't mind clowns but i'm scared of fish and these ones hover! My scariest moment while playing was when i was listening to music and as such didn't hear the enemy music in WW, i turned my camera to suddenly see a manic Seahat charging me, scared me half to death.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about those. They are irritating when you fight them, but they are easy to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom