• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which Enemy is More Intimidating?

Which enemy is more intimidating

• Iron Knuckle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wall Master

• Gibdo/ReDead

• Dead Hand

• Cuccos

• Total voters
Fighting the iron knuckle on a three heart challenge as a child was horrifying. One hit killed me. I tried to attack from a distance with bombchus. Then I had to target and jump in for one hit, then leap out. but if i missed once, it was death. But redeads were just plain obnoxious and hard to escape. sometimes they'd drain like 20 hearts before they stop gnawing on me. and cuccos...ouch.

Megidrus

Wolf of Time
wallmasters for me who else could be most occuring in the shadow temple and what surprises me is that in ganons castle there is one in the light barrier room

Iron Knuckle, in master quest fire temple, every hit killed me

you are the guy who wanted the muffin godess navi to explode

Last edited:
I HATED WALLMASTERS. They freaked me out and made me paranoid. I got over my fear of ReDead by freezing them whenever I saw them. :P

any reason darknuts werent included in this poll??? i thought they were pretty intimidating. guess they just didnt make the cut. so i guess second to them would be the iron knuckles.

the iron knucle freak me out!He killed me the first time I fought him,since I thought It was just a normal statue and didn't prepare myself,I got near to him and he started to move from nowhere!

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
Wallmasters and ReDeads... those we're my main source of nightmares in my childhood. I was scared to death of them. Whenever I heard the moaning or screaming noise of ReDeads I got so spooked. And whenever I heard a Wallmaster right above me I had chills. Those we're definatly the most intimidating in my opinion.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I have to say, Iron Knuckles and Re-deads are the most intimidating enemies for me. I'll begin with Re-deads. They're just horrifying! Zombie skeleton screaming things jumping at you from the dark and screaming, freezing you D: I can just imagine how scared Link must be when they appear! If I had to choose one enemy never to encounter, it would have to be them.

On the other hand, Iron Knuckles are just a challenging foe. All of the armour and general strength makes for quite a battle that can easily kill you if you're not careful. Iron Knuckles are obviously going to be more of a threat than re-deads, but they don't exactly have the horrifying factor. Intimidating, yes. Horrifying, no. So, seeing as the entire point of the thread was to highlight intimidating enemies, i'm going to have to go with Iron Knuckles. When handled properly, they're not much of a threat. In numbers or when handled incorrectly- you're doomed.

The first Zelda game I played with redeads was WW, so they don't frighten me all that much. OT redeads are far more frightening I think. But no matter what, the Wall Masters get me every time, because I never know when they'll pop out and grab me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The biggest challenge for me were the Iron Knuckles. Despite being weighed down by the armor, they still had quick and formidable reactions. It was difficult to get in close for a few good slices because I'm a defensive player and don't like using up potions on standard enemies. Well, actually Iron Knuckles didn't present too much of a problem to me when they had the heavier plates of armor on them. But after it came off, and they started chasing after me, that's when I really got intimidated and backed off multiple times.

After about the tenth time I bumped into an Iron Knuckle it occurred to me that if I couldn't attack up close, I could do it long-range. So I took that opportunity to experiment with some gear, using the Magic Arrows, the regular bow, but finally decided that Bombs/Bombchus worked best. Even so, IKs are still intimidating, but these weapons ensure that you have the upper advantage.

The first Zelda game I played with redeads was WW, so they don't frighten me all that much. OT redeads are far more frightening I think. But no matter what, the Wall Masters get me every time, because I never know when they'll pop out and grab me.

You're not alone. Wall Masters gave me trouble for years in Majora's Mask. As a kid I had no idea what'd grabbed me up, but I've since gulped down my childhood fears and found out their weakness. In dark places like the Beneath the Well where they're known to appear just keep an eye on Link's shadow. It swells up when they're about to snatch Link, but they'll simply smash into the floor if you quickly roll out of the way. Then you can turn on them for some quick cash. :)

I also reminisce some strange sound that occurs when they're right above you. That should tip you off, and hopefully help you overcome them.

Christburnder said:
any reason darknuts werent included in this poll??? i thought they were pretty intimidating. guess they just didnt make the cut. so i guess second to them would be the iron knuckles.

Indeed, they were. But this topic covers Ocarina of Time enemies only, of which Darknuts had no part in, unfortunately. But the Iron Knuckles appeared pretty consistently in OoT, so I figure they made a worthy enough substitute in their place. :nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom