• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Which element is boring you the most?

Are we all still enjoying BotW?

Are we all enjoying locating those Korok seeds, getting the compendium filled and the overworld itself?

Or are things starting to bore you?

Which elements of BotW are losing their appeal?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't sink hours into doing these timewasting activities. I think it is awful that people get to the point that they stop playing a game because they are bored. A game should leave the player wanting more not providing them with so much meaningless **** they leave the game because they've finally had enough of doing it.

That literally all overworld puzzles are for koroks. If I want to do something *productive* which I kind of do instead of just... existing, it's just koroks & koroks & koroks. I'm allowed to say I don't really have anything to do even with a bunch of koroks. I still sort of have a desire to play, but I'm definitely kind of bored with it, like Deus said. In older Zelda games post-game, I somehow managed to entertain myself just chopping grass all the ****ing time.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thought this thread was about elements as in the elemental weapons lmao

Honestly I can't really think of one that's boring me at the moment. 415 hours in and I'm still having fun doing random things to amuse myself, even when I'm not looking for korok seeds. I've already gotten everything else; compendium, horse armor, Kilton's monster-slaying awards, etc. I have everything but the last 68 korok seeds. Can't really get bored of things that have been long-since finished. I'm sure I'll get bored of something eventually, but that time just isn't here yet. This thread may be a little premature, lol.

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The only element I feel isn't as engaging is hunting down Korok seeds, mostly because there are too many than there being a use for them. I like finding the puzzles and saving the seeds up for upgrades, but scavenging an area for them is something I find to be a chore. I like scavenging for materials, enemies, etc. I have fun with that. Locations mostly come naturally as I explore, and I've enjoyed myself immensely redoing shrines, sidequests, etc. I still love traversing the overworld, battling world bosses, working on my goals.

So, yeah, the Korok seed hunt is underwhelming to me, but I do think the addition of the Korok mask could help negate this for me.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I remember getting pretty tired of combing through the map for shrines and gave up at around 10 left or so, even though I still try to chip away at it sometimes. Eventually you get to a point where you can tank hard enough or kill enemies fast enough that extra hearts aren't necessary, and I think the game is more fun without max stamina so orbs aren't too much of an incentive to do them for me anymore. Main long-term positive I can think of is they become a convenience feature because of warping, and even then that would mean activating a couple at most.

The reward structure in general seems to exist for the sake of making the difficulty curve less steep, which kinda has implications if the game it's applied to is presumably an action game with a skill-based component.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
BOTW is a good game, desperately gasping for air as it is buried amid a mountain of crap. That being the overworld. Thank God everything is optional, because I don't think I'd ever replay the game if it expected me to collect even 100 Korok seeds, which make up over 80% of the game's content.

Even with BOTW's strengths, they cut off for too much meat to justify such a massive overworld to put it on. But there's something that really confuses me...I stopped gathering Korok seeds quickly because I was bored out of my ****ing mind. And honestly, when going for 100% isn't fun, this is what you should do. That said, getting 100% should be fun. It should be the way to play. Getting the absolute most from the game. But even the developers couldn't be arsed to do it apparently. So I gotta ask...why in the hell did they release it? Why didn't they take a step back and say "Hey, this isn't fun. We need to do something about it. Or at the very least take it off 100% requirements." Preferably the former. I mean if the developers aren't having fun with it, clearly the playerbase won't.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm finding my dislike for the game growing the more I think about it, so perhaps it will be the new SS. I cant wait for the honeymoon period to end and for everyone to wake up to its mediocrity.

Don't hold your breath. From what I recall it took nearly 6 months for people to start turning on SS.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Deus, noooooo!

It missed the mark a bit but its not SS bad.

Both missed the mark in their own ways. SS was worse because we did not expect such mediocrity from a 3D entry. But then BoTW failed to hit the spot even though it had the elements that should have made it great. Unfortunately the execution of these elements was not carried out in a desirable way. This means I have now been waiting 11 years for a great game from the Zelda series.

Both missed the mark in their own ways. SS was worse because we did not expect such mediocrity from a 3D entry. But then BoTW failed to hit the spot even though it had the elements that should have made it great. Unfortunately the execution of these elements was not carried out in a desirable way. This means I have now been waiting 11 years for a great game from the Zelda series.

I win. Ive been waiting since 2003 for another good one.

Though i actually do like BotW, i can admit that the story is terribly weak even for a Zelda game and the core experience is hollow as hell.

Im waiting for my WW usurper. I dont think its gonna happen.

.... oohh WW 4k ;)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I win. Ive been waiting since 2003 for another good one.

Though i actually do like BotW, i can admit that the story is terribly weak even for a Zelda game and the core experience is hollow as hell.

Im waiting for my WW usurper. I dont think its gonna happen.

.... oohh WW 4k ;)

Wiped your wait out, been waiting since MM in 2000, that game was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Better than more recent entries and by a fair few miles BOTW.

It lacks is the truth. It's a good collectathon but to be honest even collectathons aren't this strenuous. Korok seeds are a joke. BIG TIME, they had a massive overworld. they could've populated it with mini dungeons and the like, and they somewhat did with shrines, but nope they chose crappy korok seeds. What's the point of them after 450? There isn't one except bragging rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom