• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which Do You Think Was the Hardest Zelda Classic?

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I have not played AoL yet, so I guess I have to say LoZ was the hardest for me, the fact that I played it with a keyboard instead of a controller may have contributed to it, but it was a game where you could easily get lost and into trouble and spend days trying to find everything

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
ALttP was the most difficult for me simply because it was the first Zelda game I played, so I had no idea how things were done. I died so many times just getting through the Eastern Palace. I've since become an aLttP master though, and I can easily get through the whole game without dying.

I waited until I had completed most of the other Zelda games before I even bothered trying LoZ and AoL though, because I had heard they were very hard. With all that Zelda experience now under my belt, I beat the 1st quest of LoZ with relative ease. And though I haven't beaten AoL yet, I made it to the final dungeon fairly easily. (AoL is on hiatus though, and I haven't really put up a great effort to complete LoZ 2nd Quest yet).

With that said though, AoL would definitely be the hardest for a person that doesn't have alot of Zelda experience yet.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I didn't think MM was hard at all. Tricky, yes. There were some frustrating moments, but as long as you thought about what you were doing for a bit you could easily get out of any troublesome situation.

Oh dear. Adventure of Link. I love that game to death but I simply cannot seem to master effective fighting tactics. It's like I see how people can do them, but I can't translate what I see from Youtube clips to my own hands. So for me, that game is the hardest, but I'm sure that once I have time I'll focus a bit more on practicing and hopefully get better.

Kybyrian

Adventure of Link was most certainly the hardest Classic Zelda game, and actually the hardest game of the entire series for me. I can't even remember if I beat the game, it was so long ago that I played it, I just can't remember. I refuse to pick it up though, because I absolutely despised the game. I don't hate it because it's hard, but for some other reason that I just can't seem to point out.

M

MajorAmask

Definitely A Link to the Past, so far I've played and beaten all classics and it would have to be the most confusing.

Z

zeldamasterswor

Well I reckon that it is Aol. You just keep dying in the same spot and it gets SO ANNOYING!!!!!!

I would say AoL or ALttP.

AoL was hard because i'm not very good at timing my ducking and stabbing. The bosses took me forever to defeat. The ZD video walkthrough made it look so easy...

AlttP was hard because i had no idea where to go in the dungeons, maybe it's just me. I rescued 1 maiden before i got completely lost in Palace 2. The bosses were not that difficult to me though.

D

Da Bunni Hood

Aol is just different even if you're skilled at all other zelda games AoL is extremely difficult. I thought MM was the second hardest that I've played, and alttp was the third because it's soo long.

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
alright so im trying AoL, and i have to admit its pretty hard =\ im on the second dungeon and so far ive died tons of times and i keep getting lost. if only these game came with a guide :dry: lol. But thats what makes them hard.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would have to say 2nd quest LoZ as well. Invisible doors in dungeons with no hint of how to possibly go through them and hidden dungeon entrances really make this one a head scratcher. I originally played this game back in it's release without any guides, or Internet to get walkthroughs from. Impossible, and madenning!

AoL's not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Proper magic usage and levelling up make it quite easier. It's still a challenge, for sure, but it's not brutally impossible.

Well, it depends what you consider hard.

AoL is definitely the hardest Zelda game, but it's because it takes much more skill to be good at it than the other games. The different defensive and attack patterns from the enemies means you really have to be good with that fighting style.

LoZ second quest is insane with all the puzzles. Invisible Doors, invisible staircases, etc. If you're wanting to have to think to finish the game rather than be really skilled at it, LoZ 2nd Quest is the way to go.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
ALttP has been the hardest for me so far. I'm still on the first dungeon in the Dark World and I've had this game for over two months. And the fact that I died within the first few seconds of playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom