• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Do You Think is Better: Friends or Seinfeld

Friends or Seinfeld?

• Friends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to preface my choice by explaining something: both Friends and Seinfeld are more important to me than any individual member of my family. I love these shows so much. They are iconic, and rightfully so as few sitcoms have ever displayed the same level of excellent writing and memorable characters. Deciding which of these shows is better is incredibly difficult for me; but I am going to have to go with Seinfeld. The only thing for me that sets Seinfeld over Friends is the fact that Seinfeld never got bogged down in seriousness. This is in no way a negative thing, but something about the way that Seinfeld seems to never take any situation seriously speaks to me as a person. So, yeah, really hard choice, but I have to choose Seinfeld.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Damn, this is hard. It's like asking which one of your kids you love more. I enjoy both of these shows equally because they both share great characters, great writing, memorable settings, and both overall just entertain me. Friends did last a season longer, but it did have it's flaws. My main problems with Friends were the characters of Joey and Phoebe. They never stayed constant and were sometimes way too ridiculous. Not that I didn't enjoy their characters, I just feel like they were poorly handled. Seinfeld on the other hand, is just way more iconic. It had a bigger impact on both pulp culture and me, personally. I sometimes find myself quoting the show on a daily basis or referencing it. I also really liked how Seinfeld never relied on changing their formula to spice the show up like most shows do. The show was already fantastically written to not need those "serious/dramatic" episodes. I guess I'd say Seinfeld is the better show, mainly because it was unique and just outright memorable in every way.

Anyway, these pretzels are making me thirsty. So if you don't mind, I'll be leaving now.

Seinfeld, mainly because the cast of characters were more memorable and likeable, the thing with Friends was it had this annoying touch of reality. You have this Ross and Rachel thing going around throughout all the seasons getting stale as time passed. With Seinfeld it was this random slew of occurrences that brought laughs and never got old.

i don't hatch either of them a lot but i have watched both of them many times and i would have to say friends, i like Seinfeld as well but i can't stand Jerry, he annoys me so much i don't know what exactly though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom