• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which do you consider canon?

Should it be canon

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I was wondering what the consensus was on remakes to the zelda canon. Do you consider the added features of remakes like the color dungeon and the Swift sail canon? Or do you think that the original is the only version that should be canon.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I think the general thing is that the most updated version of a game is the canon version, at least I remember that being the case w/ pokemon firered
so I guess for instance, I'd go w/ link to the past on gba being the canon version, so the palace of the four sword did exist in the dark world

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I think the general thing is that the most updated version of a game is the canon version, at least I remember that being the case w/ pokemon firered
so I guess for instance, I'd go w/ link to the past on gba being the canon version, so the palace of the four sword did exist in the dark world
Just coming in to second this.
With remakes, they're able to provide a better, more updated version of the old game. There have even been times when remakes added stuff that's tied into lore that was introduced between the original release and the remake (i.e. the changes to the Happy Mask Shop in OoT3D). It's the version of the game they intend for us to play from now on, so of course it would be the canon one.

I only think canon in a remake becokes an issue when things start changing the lore.

Things like the quick sail and extra fishing holes don't really mean anything, nor does LA's colour dungeon really.

So unless remakes start messing the plot, narrative and lore up I don't think there's an issue.

If they did start messing things up I'd imagine the newest version would be the canon version since remakes are reviews of the original and their intention is to enhance.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ususlly remakes don't change too much, MM 3D being the exception. I dislike the omission of depictions of the Triforce because it added an extra layer of depth to the history of Termina. I like the original version better that had the Triforce symbol.

I don’t get the poll. I consider what canon? They’re not asking for a certain game.
Anyway, SS, OoT, MM, WW, TP, ALBW, ALttP, MC, FS, FSA, OoS/OoA, LoZ, AoL, LA, PH, ST, are all canon to me. BotW, HW, TFH, CD-i, Tingle,are not.

EDIT: okay, saw it was about remasters and remakes.
Yeah, the TPHD Amiibo dungeons and the LA color dungeon should be canon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom