• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Disney-song do you relate to the most?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
As a kid I didn't really care for the songs in Disney-movies. In fact, they kinda annoyed me, as I felt they were an interruption to the story. At a certain point however, once I'd gotten a bit older, I started to really like most of them. Both the ones that are sung by the characters themselves and those that are being sung by someone else in a montage. My favorite one is "Son of Man" by Phil Collins for Tarzan.

But the song I personally relate to the most is "Go the Distance" from Hercules. Those lyrics are so very relatable to me. I've never really felt as if I've completely belonged were I've been in life (with the exception of my family). I felt it in school, at university, at my job, even with some of my friends. I can get along fine, but I just feel as if I'm a puzzle piece from a different puzzle. But this song really makes me feel as if there is a place and people that (other than my family) I really belong with, I've just not gotten there yet. Some peoples roads in their lives are longer than others, and mine feels very long atm. But I'll get there some day, I know I will!

Do you have a Disney-song that you relate to in regards to your life?

Probably 'Provincial Life' from Beauty and the Beast, I heard this song when I was younger and it really spoke to me. It was a song about being stuck somewhere you didn't belong, being different from everyone else and wanting more where other people are happy with their mediocre existences and think you're the weird one for not being content and wanting out.

Cfrock

Keep it strong

Bear with me.

Ok, Meg is singing about how she doesn't want to admit how in love she is with big hunky Herc. That's not what I related to (though he is handsome).

On a less literal level, the song is about denying your own emotions, suppressing how you feel, and putting on a public face that isn't honest.

That's kind of how I lived my life for... most of it. Still do, really. Probably will for the rest of it to some degree. So yeah, this one speaks to me more than most, lol.

Also, Meg objectively best girl don't @ me.

Bear with me.

Ok, Meg is singing about how she doesn't want to admit how in love she is with big hunky Herc. That's not what I related to (though he is handsome).

On a less literal level, the song is about denying your own emotions, suppressing how you feel, and putting on a public face that isn't honest.

That's kind of how I lived my life for... most of it. Still do, really. Probably will for the rest of it to some degree. So yeah, this one speaks to me more than most, lol.

Also, Meg objectively best girl don't @ me.

Quality song. Hercules is a damn good movie. And Meg is the best girl. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom