• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Did You Play First

Which did you play first and which did you like?

• I played WW first. I liked WW. I liked TP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I played WW first. I liked WW. I disliked TP.

• I played WW first. I disliked WW. I liked TP.

• I played WW first. I disliked WW. I disliked TP.

• I played TP first. I liked WW. I liked TP.

• I played TP first. I liked WW. I disliked TP.

• I played TP first. I disliked WW. I liked TP.

• I played TP first. I disliked WW. I disliked TP.

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup peeps, Random Person here. I'm doing a bit of research right now for something and I wanted to ask ZD a couple of questions. It's suppose to be a simple poll so you don't have to get into a debate about it, but some people probably will since this is Zelda Dungeon.

Question 1: Which did you play first, WW or TP?

Question 2: Did you like WW when you first played it?

Question 3: Did you like TP when you first played it?

Again, suppose to be a simple poll but feel free to explain answers.

1. TP, I did not have a GC but after I started my TP game my gf let me have her old WW and I got to play it then.

2. Yes! Loved it, great game.

3. Same as above.

I have been with the series for a long time but around the GC period I sort of fell behind in the gaming world for quite a while. Mostly because of money issues.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
1 - Twilight Princess.
2 - Yes, it's my #4 favorite Zelda.
3 - Yes, it's my #1 favorite Zelda.

Twilight Princess brought me into the Zelda series, and still remains to be (by far) my favorite Zelda to date. And I've played ALL of them except for the Four Swords/Adventures.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I'm going to be that one person that says....

None of the above!

I played WW and TP at the SAME TIME (it was a bad idea...I was always torn between which one to play :silent: )

Also, I do love both of them. I will not put down one to exalt the other.

Last edited:

Hanyou

didn't build that
1. The Wind Waker, of course.

I got into the Zelda series in 1998 with Ocarina of Time. I wasn't about to miss a major console release. I bought and played The Wind Waker on the day of its release.

The story's a bit different for Twilight Princess. I bought the game close to its release, but didn't have a Wii for another week or so. I bought the Wii strictly for Twilight Princess, because I was determined to get the "full" experience. For a long time, it was the only Wii game I owned. That made just playing the game an expensive endeavor.

2. Yes, I loved The Wind Waker when I first played it.

I was initially skeptical , mainly because I was a teenager and I thought the art style was "kiddie." But when I played it, it totally blew me away. It had an even tighter narrative structure than my still-favorite game in the Zelda series, Ocarina of Time, it had a spirited atmosphere, great characterization, and quality gameplay that focused on exploration.

3. I hated Twilight Princess when I first played it, and still do.

I have never experienced such a bland and uninspired world. It was supposedly crafted as a "love letter to Ocarina of Time fans," but it was so different in such important ways that it's hard to believe they even looked back at Ocarina when they made this. As a Zelda game, it's atrocious. On its own merits, it's still one of the worst gaming experiences I have ever had.

Had I played Twilight Princess first, my opinion would not be any different. Trotting through a linear overworld that's devoid of the wonder of exploration is not my idea of a good time. Interestingly, Okami launched around the same time, and it was exactly the sort of experience I expect from a Zelda game. It boasted vibrant characters and addictive gameplay. I still think Twilight Princess gets a pass from everyone just because it's a Zelda game, even if it lacks the elements that have made the series so great over the years.

It is interesting to contrast Twilight Princess with The Wind Waker, isn't it? On the one hand, you have a distinctly Japanese game with an aesthetic Miyamoto himself said he's been trying to invoke since the release of the first title in the series. On the other, you have a halfhearted attempt to appeal to the Western market. I like to draw the comparisons, but again, it's not just because I played The Wind Waker first; it's because that game so perfectly captured the childlike wonder of Hyrule that's been an essential component to every quality Zelda title, while the other game...well, you know my thoughts by now.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I got Twilight Princess first (actually my first Zelda game) and I loved it. Someone above me said that people gave Twilight Princess a pass just because it has Zelda in it's name, I had never played Zelda when I first played it, and it was the best game I had ever played. I bought the Wind Waker a few months later, and it was amazing! Not as good as Twilight Princess, but great none-the-less. After that I became a hardcore Zelda fan, and I purchased LOZ, AOL, Oot, and MM. I also intend on buying Skyward Sword the day it comes out...

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
To be completely honest, I was a little disappointed by this thread. I had seen the title and assumed it was going to be a "which game in the series was your first?" poll. I was going to proudly put "Legend of Zelda", and then be shocked as the number of OoT an TP outweighted everything else 2 to 1.

As far as the answers go, I played (almost) all games in order, so of course WW before TP. I greatly enjoyed WW, I didn't dislike TP, but I didn't like it too much either. But in the interest of the love of Zelda, I chose option 1 over option 2.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I played WW first, but I liked both. I've played every Zelda game so far, and OoT was the first I played, but The Wind Waker was the game that truly made me a fan of the series.

I just loved WW when i first played.
Here is why.
Firstly the games music.
The music is the best i have heard for a Zelda game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I felt the music for each level,each island was just spot on.
Outset islands music was music id associate with lots of familes.
Windfall's music is very jovial almost party like music, it also suits people who have a business.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What else i really liked where the cut scenes.
For me WW has the best ever cut scenes.
Just look at the one where Tetra is told who she really is by the king of red lions.
And her transfomation is so emotional.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can see she is in shock when she says im a princess.
For me a cutscene must produce an emotion either in the person playing or to the character/s in the game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight Princess was a big disappointment to me.
Its cutscenes where boring no emotion in them.
I felt the music in the game did suit any particular area of the game.
Yes graphically is was stunning but that is of little importance to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom