• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Console is Best in Some Areas

here is a interesting question which console is best in gaming field
Nintendo: platforming and action adventure
Xbox: shooters
PlayStation: rpg :)

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Playstation RPG'S!?! WTH?! Playstation is just like Microsoft with is obsession with shooters. You should add racing to xbox as well.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Xbox and PlayStation have very bad games for the most part. Almost all of them are just un-original shooters or rip-offs of Grand Theft Auto. Although I've never had any problems with Sony, but I do hate Microsoft with a fiery (and I do mean FIERY) passion. The Wii has only a handful of good games like Zelda and Mario, but those games are really good, obviously. In fact, a lot of people buy a Wii just to play those titles.

But yeah, Xbox and PS have similar games. The Wii has original and long-loved games, and party/family games that a lot of normal gamers wouldn't usually play.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
How's it unoriginal? Do not forget the mark Halo made in the video game industry. And do not forget how Microsoft took motion gaming to a new level (even though I find Kinect lame at this point). Microsoft is also the reason why games today have replay value. They came up with the achievement system for games and also perfected online. Sure there's room for improvement but don't say there games and/or systems are unoriginal (Except Sony, they don't really come out with anything new then adding a little spin on old things). And also as for games Sony and Microsoft have Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Uncharted, God of War, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, etc. Don't say they don't have games because they do.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
What I do not understand is why it always has to be a competition between gamers over the consoles. It's the gaming companies that ought to be the ones that compete, not the gamers. Honestly if you really enjoy gaming you're only hurting yourself by staying stubbornly loyal to one and only console. Nintendo consoles have their strong points, as do Microsoft and Sony. Really you ought to have two of these at least. I'm planning on keeping up with the Nintendo and Microsoft consoles. They both have games I like. Both have games I don't like. But if you don't like a game, don't buy it. The system doesn't have anything to do with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
What I do not understand is why it always has to be a competition between gamers over the consoles. It's the gaming companies that ought to be the ones that compete, not the gamers. Honestly if you really enjoy gaming you're only hurting yourself by staying stubbornly loyal to one and only console. Nintendo consoles have their strong points, as to Microsoft and Sony. Really you ought to have two of these at least. I'm playing on keeping up with the Nintendo and Microsoft consoles. They both have games I like. Both have games I don't like. But if you don't like a game, don't buy it. The system doesn't have anything to do with the game.

Exactly. I love games and I'm a real gamer who enjoys what every system has to offer and what each game has to offer only if I'm really interested. I don't understand what the constant war is about. I have a Wii and an XBOX 360 and currently skipping the PS3 gen while I'll get it's games in hope of next gen being backward compatible. I hate when someone just chooses a system and has to trash the others. Every system has it's flaws and it's strong points.

Last edited:

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Exactly. I love games and I'm a real gamer who enjoys what every system has to offer and what each game has to offer only if I'm really interested. I don't understand what the constant war is about. I have a Wii and an XBOX 360 and currently skipping this PS3 while I'll get it's games in hope of next gen being backward compatible. I hate when someone just chooses a system and has to trash the others. Every system has it's flaws and it's strong points.
Thank you! Finally! I have had all three of the next gen consoles. I love games from every single one. I have bias to the wii though, because I used to use that one the most by far. I have to say though, if racing and shooting is your thing, go with xbox. Xbox has some great exclusive, ex: halo. Ps3 has its awesome exclusives, Infamous 1 & 2 Little Big Planet 1 & 2, And most of the wii's games are exclusives, and great ones. I have to say though, Xbox has the best online, but the worst everything else. Like I said I HAD all three consoles, and then red ring. Ps3 is still running great, plus it has a good amount of jrpg's and thats my kinda games. Ps3's weakness is in its internet. Not very user friendly. Plus, it got hacked, so... The wii's weakness is the lower graphics, and lack of third party games, and all around Crap Library. All in all, the console's that are the best depend on what game you like, and which console you buy. There is no best console, only opinions of them.

i know i am a video game lover to but it just seems to me some console company make better games in some field and i am not a halo fan. I would like it if Nintendo made another rpg like secret of mana.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I need both my nintendo and my x-box cause my favorite games can be found on those two consoles. The nintendo obviously for Zelda (but I also love Mario, Donkey Kong, etc) and the X-box originally for the Buffy-game (the first one was exclusive for X-box, while the second was made for other consoles as well) and then I fell madly in love with the Fable-series. I haven't yet found a reason to invest in a playstation. I used to have the PSone when I was a teen, but none of the games I had on it really stood out compared to the other two, so I decided to sell it and keep the other consoles. That's not to say Playstation doesn't have great games, it probably does, a lot of gamers love playstation, but there was nothing that was exclusive for playstation that stood out to me personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom