• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Characters Which You Like to See Return?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would love to see Link and Zelda return in a future Zelda game. I know, I know, it's probably never going to happen, you're probably thinking "Don't be ridiculous Azure, they were just a one-hit wonder. They're never coming back." but I think that the series needs them to come back. Wouldn't you agree?

Okay, seriously, I would love to see Malon again. She was hot a great character who served a great purpose. And no, I don't mean just giving the theorists ridiculous ideas like "she and OoT Link are TP Link's parents". She was actually a useful character in Ocarina of Time, as were her counterparts Romani and Cremia in Majora's Mask.

There should always be a valid impetus behind the return of any character across any form of entertainment. The three Triforce wielders-Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf-will all return somewhere down the pipeline as Demise's curse foretold at the end of Skyward Sword. But what of the other characters?

Nintendo proved with Majora's Mask that reusing nearly every character from a direct prequel pays off. If the company pursues a similar strategy with any other title in the franchise there is a high probability it will pay off. Even placing a character in a complete different environment works if executed correctly. Nintendo already manifested this with Malon. She appears in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords Adventures, and The Minish Cap while playing a unique role in each installment.

There are moments, however, when inserting a former character seems force. The example I'd like to provide is not one which has been used but rather has significant fan support. In fact the bolstering of this idea has attracted so much attention that an organized campaign is under way to petition for the return of the Twilight Princess-Want Midna Back. I commend the tremendous efforts of this group going so far as to start producing a Mirror of Twilight replica. But for me it doesn't really click. Don't get me wrong-Midna is my favorite franchise companion but her story felt complete after the shattering of the mirror. Even a minor cameo in a future title would ruin the moment.

Enough doom and gloom on my part. Maybe I've outperformed the task in this thread but clarity is something I strive for. One character who certainly wouldn't be out of place in a future Zelda game is Beedle. He's reared his head in The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword, never feeling out of place. His humble work ethic and quirky comments place him among my most wanted returns.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'd like to see Majora return, Would be really interested in knowing even more about that.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Fist off I would like to see Ganondorf return and soon. I miss him greatly after his 6 year absence from a new Zelda. I hope that when they bring him back they give him good characterisation and a cool new look.

Another character I would like to see return is Midna. Midna was my favourite assistant. Aounuma said if enough voices wanted her back how could he refuse, this means that her return is not a complete impossibility. I do not mind if she has a cameo appearance or if she is an actual character, but I would like to see her back in some form or the other.

Finally I would like to see Ghirahim return. His death is never confirmed in HH or the game, he just vanishes. It would be good to see Ganon getting hold of him like in my Sig. That sword looks too good to not reuse. Ghirahim would also look fabulous in future HD titles.

domo

I think my head stopped hurting finally
I want to see Link return :D actually I would love to see King Zora return from OoT. He made me laugh for some reason.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Nintendo proved with Majora's Mask that reusing nearly every character from a direct prequel pays off. If the company pursues a similar strategy with any other title in the franchise there is a high probability it will pay off. Even placing a character in a complete different environment works if executed correctly. Nintendo already manifested this with Malon. She appears in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords Adventures, and The Minish Cap while playing a unique role in each installment.

she never appeared in majoras mask

Fig

The Altruist
There are numerous characters I would like see for my own reasons. Each character was special in his or her own way. For this reason, they stand out from the rest of the characters within the entire series.

I would like to see Malon and the rest of the Lon Lon Ranch members. They are iconic and recognizable, always giving the player some fun or advice in the quest. What would make this better is if they return in their appearance in Ocarina of Time as adults. It would give a sense of nostalgia and maturity of the characters, having been aged more than their Ocarina of Time counterparts. Skull Kid, is another character I would like for to make a comeback. He's one of the possible characters that could actually be with Link as a guide. It would be amazing to see Skull Kid as a guide for Link, always being there for him and giving him advice. One of his special abilities could be the use of the musical instrument and use it cloak Link to be invisible to his enemies, increase speed, or travel by the shadows! That would be awesome! Another character for me to see again would be Groose or a reincarnation of him. He could act as a rival to Link, but actually be a rival, know what I'm saying. I'm talking about a rivalry that could be similar to the rivalry between the hero and rival in the Pokémon series. One more character that I would like to see are the Shiekah tribe. Though they are more focused with the Royal family, it would be fun to see them again, but with a bigger role in the game, rather than just body guards for the Royal family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom