• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Which characters / stages / items do you think need a buff or nerf?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
For me, not that many. I feel the balance is really well done. Though I do feel a few things need a tweak.

Link - A slight nerf. I use Link a lot and I do think he's a little too good at times. Maybe increase the length of his moves before you can cancel them so whifs are easier to punish? Would make him a little more risk/reward

Young Link - Same as above. Though this is not as big of a nerf to Young Link as his game uses special moves a lot more than Link. Link is based more around the A moves.

Incineroar - Needs a nerf. Quite obvious. I think possibly make his missed grabs much more punishable, and also to make it easier to break free from his grabs. Also add a few more frames at the start of his grab animations so players can actually counter the grabs.

Flame Sword - Needs to do less damage and knock back at full length and more when at a shorter length. There needs to be more difference between the full length and short versions of this weapon.

Isabelle - The fidhing rod grab move needs quite a few more frames of initial animation so it can actually be dodged or countered. Also make the character vulnerable when the fishing rod whifs.
Also the mark on the ground for a buried noid thing, could be a little larger.

The plus damage to assist trophies spirits - need a decent buff. In most spirit battles, with hostile assist trophies the other character is not the main issue. The assist trophy will KO you way faster so killing that is always top priority.

Franklin Badge - Needs a buff so it reflects every projectile by every assist trophy.
I would say the characters with reflect projectile abilities should get a buff here too so they can reflect the assist trophies projectiles also.

Assists need a massive nerf. I've often stopped fighting the CPU opponents to take out the assists because they're way more dangerous.

At the very least we need an assist option to pick and choose which ones show up.

Characters that do rapid hits need to not do as much damage, especially since most of these rapid hit moves are mapped to the hop attacks.
The likes of Pikachu and Pit can mess you up very quickly if they spam their hops which is what they mostly do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom