• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Character deserves a Spinoff Game?

Djinn

and Tonic
After reading another thread here earlier talk of Tingle came up. And then I thought, for a character so unloved (at least in the US) to get his own series of spinoff titles, I am sure fans have other characters they would much rather play. So who else has appeared in a Zelda title that you have thought would be capable of carrying a title on their own?

First one that comes to my mind is Ashei from TP
250px-Ashei.png

The adventures of a daughter of a knight of Hyrule already sounds interesting. Ashei could easily be a hero of a side quest in Hyrule or any of it's surrounding countries. She is already said to be greater than the soldiers of Hyrule castletown and was a part of the resistance movement against Zant. Already sounds like an upcoming hero if given the chance.

Second is Quill from WW

120px-Quill.png

Playing as Medlii was fun. And very different from the normal Link controls. Quill as the main postman of the Great Sea could make a great puzzle or trap solving game. He has been described as brave and dutiful, so a quest to finish one specific task set for him would easily work. I do not know how much combat ability he would have. But a puzzle solver along the lines of Tingle's games just might work for him.

Ralph from Oracle of Ages
150px-Ralph.png

He was already an adventurer and bodyguard of Nayru in Oracle of Ages. He fights and looses to Veran but is later shown to be training with Link. So another adventure for Ralph in the kingdom of Labrynna to sharpen his skills would be a good addition. Then we could see some more of the world outside of Hyrule and the people, monsters, temples they have.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Colin.

81px-Colin.png

Link is his idol, his role model, even his mentor in a way. It would make sense for Colin to go on his own adventure to emulate his hero even more. He's already shown bravery when he saved Beth from King Bulblin. And he's got a potential love triangle with Beth and Luda, which would fuel the romantic subplot of a potential game. This would be a great way for Nintendo to deal with voice actors in a Zelda game, since Link would be nowhere to be seen.

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah, Quill might make a good game!!

200px-Komali_Flower.png

However, I think that an adventure game with Prince Komali as the main character would be even greater!! It might begin when Link comes to Dragon Roost, and asks for Din's Pearl, and after a while Komali gets his self confidence and journeys up to see Valoo. And so it spins on like parallel to The Wind Waker....

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Zelda! How about a game where SHE gets to rescue Link? Zelda isn't as much a damsel in distress as Peach (thank goodness; Zelda is my nickname & I pretend to be her all the time :) ) and yes, she does help defeat Ganon many a time, but she should have her own game entirely. She could disguise herself as a boy to escape out of the castle (gameplay a la Spirit Tracks evasion from the guards) and then go save the Triforce because Link is...hmmm...well, I think I'm going to have to design this game now! YES! GOOD IDEA, LOLGAMES!

there has been a thread about what i'm going to say, but i say ganondorf. how much fun would it be to use dark magic and conquer hyrule? another would be shiek in OoT, it'd be interesting to see just what she went through in the 7 years link was missing.

Retsdob

Retsdob
I feel the old man from the first Zelda. Why is he there? How does he know so much? Does he have anything to do with Nicolas Flamel? We know nothing of him, I believe a game on him would be delicious.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
All good choices of Spin-Off games, and I agree that a game of Colin would be fun, but I can think of one that might be a little better. A game about YETO!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I said it, Yeto. Yeto pwns.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Gotta go with Sheik. You have to wonder what he/she went through in those seven years while waiting for the hero of time to return.

S

Sage

I think I have a top three. You know they'd be awesome. You KNOW they'd be awesome.

3. Fierce Deity/Oni
You know it would be awesome. Could explain Oni and Majora's backstories, and could play as Oni until you fight Majora and seal him inside Majora's Mask. Then Oni is sealed in the Fierce Deity Mask.

2. Midna
MIDNA!!! MIDNA!!! MIDNA!!! The Twilight Princess! Does she still have feelings for Link? What is life like in the Twilight Realm? Midna's Return.

1. Sheik!!!!!!
What happenned with Zelda in Ocarina's Seven Year Gap? Did Impa use magic? Is it only physical? Is Sheik a boy or girl? Did Sheik have to go through training to learn the rituals of the Sheikah? This makes for an awesome sidegame.

I agree that most in this thread have potential, although Ashei especially. Spin-offs by nature should actually be different from the main series, and of all these Ashei would be the most unique IMO. I have a couple of my own though...

Librari from The Minish Cap. He was the elderly Minish in the Library (which you should have gotten from the name :bleh:). He talked a lot about how he used to adventure in the past, saying he missed it, and basically indicated he went on very similar quests as Link's. So, why not a standard Zelda game told entirely from Minish size? That could be interesting.

How about Tetra? We've told the story of Link adventuring across the sea on a quest, but what about the tale of a treasure-hunting pirate? This could make dungeons, treasures, and even the general economy very interesting and unique. Furthermore, what about the discovery of New Hyrule from Spirit Tracks? Might not be as good a setting with as many possibilities, but could be intriguing nonetheless. Also, a story about Tetra could flesh out her character, including her relationship with her Pirate Crew, but also with that woman who was the old captain.

Finally, how about Alfonzo or Byrne from Spirit Tracks? Alfonzo was a knight in the Hyrulian army, so that kind of allegiance and position could make for a very unique game. Perhaps we could find out why he left the knights to become a train engineer. Additionally, Byrne was a Lokomo who spent a long time on the side of good before training to increase his power and eventually joining Cole. His story could also be an interesting one.

I'm sure there's loads of others, and I might post again soon. :)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Oh Wait... I almost for got one. While I still say Sheik would make and awesome game, I also want to add Kafei. It would be hard since we never actually see him with a weapon of some sort, but he's such a likeable character that I'm sure his adventure as either a child or an adult would be great. Preferably, I liked to see him as a child and see all the adults in MM in their child forms.

The characters that pop in my mind for spin-off titles right now are Malon and Romani. We have farming games like Harvest Moon, so I can imagine a game like that using Malon, maybe also Talon and Ingo. Malon was somewhat part of the plot in Ocarina of Time with Epona. Also, she's a recurring character. Her character models in Ocarina of Time for her child and adult forms were used in Majora's Mask. Malon also appears in the Minish Cap and Four Swords Adventures.

Then there's Romani, who can use a bow. She can have a shooter type game where you just keep shooting arrows at "them" until they come to close to the barn and abduct you. We've done this part as Link, but I'm sure Romani would have been able to do it as well, or at least keep most of "them" off the barn.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The first that comes to my mind is Sheik. They can do many interesting things in the 7 Year Gap when Link was peacefully sleeping. Colin is also a good one, as he describes how he wants to be a hero like Link. Also, supposing the Hero's Shade was not a previous Link, he could also have a game based on his life before he got turned into a Darknut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom