• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I'm currently reading Catching Fire (the 2nd book in the Hunger Games trilogy), Of Mice And Men (a classic), and...... I coulda sworn there was something else, but I can't remember at this moment. :P

Dan

A book about some ginger with long stockings, very scary stuff.
Pippi-Longstocking.jpg

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Just started reading John Osborne's Look Back In Anger for Uni. It has an ironing board on the cover. I am very excited.

Just started reading A Taste Of Honey by Shelagh Delaney. I hope it's better than Look Back In Anger. Lol, that was really, really terrible.

Last edited:
B

BobbilyWobbily

I've nearly finished reading it by Stephen King for the 3rd time :) It's my favorite book :3 but it is 1300ish pages so it's quite an undertaking xD

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I've abandoned A Clash of Kings (book two of the Game of Thrones series) as of late, because there's this one character who I absolutely hate and I get stuck and die off whenever I have to read a chapter from his point of view (it's. just. so. boring.) so it's temporarily shelved. I'm now in the middle of Eldest, the second book of the Inheritance Cycle. so basically, I put down a book about some dragons to read another one about dragons.
yaaaay

Naga

MUSICALITY!
I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it's quite a good read and I'm not even that far into it :). But Earth gets blown up :( But it's ironic when the aliens (I froget what they're called at the moment) say that earth's been scheduled for demolition for the past 50 years :)

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Lonely Londoners was pretty rubbish (surprise, surprise).

I have just now started The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. I'm only 8 pages in and I already enjoy it. Let's hope this continues :)

I'm currently reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It's a big-hearted book about the hardships of living in Afghanistan from the late 1970s through the early 2000s told through the perspective of two women in a male dominated society. The dual narrative works well as one protagonist is born at the end of the first part, a smooth transition into the preceding pages. It's a contemporary award winning novel detailing a real world crisis. Exceptional political knowledge isn't required either, the book largely fills in those loopholes. Another great read if you're bored this holiday season is The Kite Runner by the same author.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom