• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I just started "Storm Front" by Jim Butcher. It's the first novel in the Dresden Files, and I am really enjoying it so far. It's a quick read compared to what I have been reading lately, and I find that very satisfying.

I'm re-reading my two favourite books. Under The Skin by Michel Faber, soon to be a movie with Scarlet Johannsen in the lead role and The Good Faries of New York by Martin Millar, it's just a funny read about Scottish fairies in New York.

Kirino

Tatakae
Don Quixote. It's a very intresting and good book. I always like fantasy stories, and this falls right into that category. What really makes it special is that it was made in the 1500's. It's very intresting to read a book written by people in that time, because it gives you some insight as to what their lives were like and about how people acted. When my teacher saw me reading that book in school, he was really suprised. Especially since it's 900 pages long.

Claire

The Geekette
I just recently finished with White Noise, I'd give it an 8/10. Great book, really requires you to think outside of yourself to grasp the objective perspective needed to understand the tactics used in media and consumerism that influence daily life in America. It's especially creepy how it so easily "predicts" events. It's a spot-on read though.

Right now I've been reading a few short stories here and there, primarily about culture and racism, and I'm reading Heart of Darkness. I truly think there is a value in being able to think through the context of another culture and be respectful about it, not ethnocentric.

link's Sister

I am not Aryll!
I am currently reading The Invention oh Hugo Cabret! For some of you who don't know the book. It is the book the movie " Hugo" was based after. It is sooooooo good!:):):):):):):):)

link's Sister

I am not Aryll!
Hey....

Now I am reading Wonder struct by the same author who wrote the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret! It is such a great book!:):):):):)<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I finished the Harry Potter sieres it was so good! How do you like it so far?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom