• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not so much a novel, but rather a textbook.

I'm reading through Genki 1: An integrated course in elementary Japanese so that I can review what I already know of Japanese and catch up on things I may have missed as I'll be starting my Japanese class with the Genki 2 book next march.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I wasn't expecting an epistolary novel after seeing the film (maybe I should have), but despite it not generally being a style I go for, I'm actually really liking this one so far.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I got some really nicely written and informative books on drumming (tips, history, etc.) for school, and I've really been enjoying reading them in my spare time. I'm actually learning a fair bit!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Star Trek: Enterprise - Rise of the Federation: Live by the Code

Long name, but it is the forth entry of the the Rise of the Federation series of the Enterprise relaunch novels which take place right after the end of the Romulan War. Which was depicted in a unnamed miniseries consisting of the novels The Good That Men Do (a reimage and retcon of the finale of Enterprise that puts the Romulans at the center of the plot continuing the same scheme they were doing in the last episode they were featured in the show), Kobayashi Maru (a novel covering the escalating cold war with the Romulans which includes the origin of the infamous no-win scenario of the same name), and then the two novels of covering the war after its formally declared, The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing, and The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing.

The Rise of the Federation series picks up about a year after Beneath the Raptor's Wing. To get into too much detail would spoil it, but the general theme of the series so far has been to follow up on plot lines the original series left hanging. Like random encounters with a particularly interesting or advanced alien race that was never seen again. So far there's been one overarching plot that's spanned multiple books that involve the Ware. Who exactly they are, I can't tell you.
Anyway, I'm reading it slow because I'm going to be sad that there won't be anymore to read for a long time until I'm done. It seems like they're going to keep producing books in this series for the foreseeable future but they spit them out rather slowly. So far one a year. I won't stretch it out that long, I have other things to read. But I'd like to milk it for a while.

Misty

Ronin
Spice & Wolf Volume 9
Pale Fire - Nabokov
Mere Christianity - Lewis
Infinite Jest - Wallace
Breakfast of Champions - Vonnegut

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Driven to Distraction by Edward M. Hallowell M.D. and John J. Ratey M.D.

Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder from Childhood Through Adulthood
The Essential Reference That Revolutionized Our Understanding of ADHD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom