• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I’m currently reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow which has so far been a really great read.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Cursed, ed. by Marie O'Regan and Paul Kane
Collection of short stories all revolving around curses. Very varied bunch of stories. Some are lyrical and trying too hard, some are simple and light-hearted. 'As Red as Blood, As White as Snow' by Christina Henry, 'Listen' by Jen Williams, and 'Haza and Ghani' by Lillith Saintcrow were my favourites. Pretty good collection overall.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Blood and Sugar by Laura Shepherd-Robinson
Murder mystery set in 1781 that focuses on the horrors of the slave trade. It was Shepherd-Robinson's debut novel, and it was a strong start. I feel as though she's still developing her own literary voice, but it was a good read. It also showcased an aspect of the injustice of slavery that I've never considered before, the financial side. Despite the horrific actions of the slavers their only crime, according to the law, was insurance fraud. Really brings home how dehumanising the whole institution was.

I'll probably read Shepherd-Robinson's second book in the future.

Blood and Sugar by Laura Shepherd-Robinson
Murder mystery set in 1781 that focuses on the horrors of the slave trade. It was Shepherd-Robinson's debut novel, and it was a strong start. I feel as though she's still developing her own literary voice, but it was a good read. It also showcased an aspect of the injustice of slavery that I've never considered before, the financial side. Despite the horrific actions of the slavers their only crime, according to the law, was insurance fraud. Really brings home how dehumanising the whole institution was.

I'll probably read Shepherd-Robinson's second book in the future.

Jesus. That sounds like a jolly read.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Just completed Noah Can't Even by Simon James Green. I enjoyed this way more than I was expecting to. It’s another coming of age LGBTQIA+ themed novel that manages to be different to the others out there, while still treading familiar waters.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I am currently reading s book called Hatchet.

It’s about a boy who’s struggling after his parents got divorced, and is taking a plane to meet his father, but his pilot has a heart attack, and the boy tries to land the plane in a small lake and succeeds. Now it’s up to him to survive in the green Canadian wilderness with only a hatchet his mother gave him. A very good read, would recommend it!

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I am currently reading s book called Hatchet.

It’s about a boy who’s struggling after his parents got divorced, and is taking a plane to meet his father, but his pilot has a heart attack, and the boy tries to land the plane in a small lake and succeeds. Now it’s up to him to survive in the green Canadian wilderness with only a hatchet his mother gave him. A very good read, would recommend it!
What happened to the other passengers??

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend

^^This is the only Shoujo Ai I will ever read

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom