• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm reading The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It's my first time reading it and I'm about half way through. It's pretty good, although, at some points it feels like it borrows things from LotR, but I'd say it's difficult to stay away from anything from LotR when it comes to writing fantasy.

Misty

Ronin
I tried reading the Dark Elf trilogy but got bored somewhere around book two(ish) and kinda stopped reading. Actually that was what I was reading before I picked up this one. Reading the whole Legend of Drizzit series is definitely still on my to-do list so I'll probably get on with Legacy of the Drow onward some day but I'm a slow reader and this series has freaking 30 books in it so if anyone's got any suggestions on which ones to read first I'm all ears :)

I'd read them in order as it tends to make a lot more sense and R.A. has a good habit of making it feel like a sequel in which there are sweet pay-offs for being aware of all previous stuff.

Still, cool you've read any of this stuff.

Working through Stephen King's books at the moment. I started with "Carrie," then "The Stand," "Salem's Lot," and right now I'm reading "The Shining." They're so sad! Good, very well done, and gripping, but so sad!

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I didn't notice another thread like this so here we go!

What book are you currently reading?

I'm reading "the Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood - a dystopian science fiction book. I'd rate it 10 out of 10 because it is amazing.

Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge

karu

Panamaniac
I'm done reading the second book in the Grisha trilogy, and I'm going to start on the third book, 'Ruin and Rising'

I'm reading The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. It's my first time reading it and I'm about half way through. It's pretty good, although, at some points it feels like it borrows things from LotR, but I'd say it's difficult to stay away from anything from LotR when it comes to writing fantasy.

I am currently reading the High Druid of Shannara trilogy. I do think the newer books get better. I would have to say the best so far is Elfstones (the book not the awful MTV version)

I'd read them in order as it tends to make a lot more sense and R.A. has a good habit of making it feel like a sequel in which there are sweet pay-offs for being aware of all previous stuff.

Still, cool you've read any of this stuff.

I read the Dark Elf Trilogy and the Halfling gem trilogy (so first 6 books of legend of Drizzt) but then when I got to book 7 I was just tired of the same character and stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I recently finished a collection of Victorian vampire stories that was a lot better than I thought it would be. I don't usually like anything written before about 1972 but I really got my teeth into these stories chuckle chuckle

Now I'm reading The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King. It's the first Stephen King book I've ever read in my life (except On Writing but that hardly counts as it isn't fiction). So far it's excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom