• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Book Are You Currently Reading?

Bram Stoker's Dracula. I have a deep love for classics (and vampires). Interestingly, I'm loving how it's written in an epistolary format, meaning it's a collection of journals and newspapers stubs.

Last edited:
I am reading a strange little book called "The Book of Lost Things". I hadn't heard of it before, but someone recommended it to me, and I figured I'd try it out. It incorporates lots of fairy-tales and myths, twisting them around to fit its own story, and it's pretty interesting so far.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was in the city for a Japanese face to face lesson and I decided afterwards to make a quick detour to Kinokuniya (a book store near Town Hall Train Station in Sydney). I picked an English-Japanese Pocket Dictionary for class. I also picked up the first volume of Death Note and read the whole book tonight (first book I've read in ages), I like it and wish I'd bought more of them. This is the first manga that I've read (excluding a Zelda Box Set I have), I should look into more in the near future :)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
My own book, actually. :) It's called The Masked God. Although I know the story quite well, I am still reading it because I am checking for errors that I could have made.

Claire

The Geekette
For class I'm reading Neuromancer, but for leisure I'm re-reading The Hobbit for Tolkien Day. I seriously love The Hobbit, if only I could have a class on Tolkien... but a class on sci-fi is the next best thing.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Not gonna let this thread just die, not on my watch. ;)

Recently finished:
Naked Heat (GREAT book)
Monday Mornings (Good book, not bad at all)

Just started:
The Surgeon (Very... ehm... descriptive... so far....)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
50 Shades of Grey!

Naw just kidding... I'm currently reading The Hobbit (For some reason, I haven't read it yet... I've read all three LOTR books though...), and so far I'm enjoying it. I saw the movie, which I loved!

At school, we're reading Macbeth. Not too bad, though I never was much of a fan of Shakespeare...

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Just finished reading A Game of Thrones. It's a pretty good book; however, I'm not positive if I want to watch the HBO adaption of it now.

I'd like to start A Clash of Kings some time tomorrow, but only if my schedule permits me.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Okay, so I just finished The Surgeon. CAN YOU SAY THRILLING?! Thrilling, but graphic. e_e

Plot spoilers V
Okay so the last few chapters had me about to piss my pants. THE SERIAL KILLER WAS HIDING IN HER CORDELL'S CAR LIKE WTF NOW YOU MAKE YOUR MOVE. AND THEN RIZZOLI'S A BADASS AND FINDS THEM, BUT SHE'S NAILED TO THE GROUND BY SCALPELS AND JUST WHEN HE GOES TO KILL HER, CORDELL (PRETTY MUCH HALF DEAD AT THIS POINT) SHOOTS THE GUY AND THE POLICE /FINALLY/ ARRIVE
YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY SUCKS
THE SERIAL KILLER LIVVVVEEEESSS!
My heart was racing, I think I almost cried. It was a GREAT book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom