• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Which 'bit' of Link's Awakening Switch are you looking forward to the most? *potential for spoilers*

I don't know about you all, but if I am replaying a Zelda game I will typically have a section(s) I am particularly looking forward to revisit, or an experience I'm excited to have again - even an item I want to use again because of how fun it was and how much of that game it opens up.

I think this has likely been discussed in relation to other games (and perhaps when looking at the series as a whole), but I'd be curious to find out what aspect of LA you're all most looking forward to? Is it a dungeon? An item? That first time Marin begins singing? A song?

Let's hear it! (well read it, but you know what I meant)

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I always like seeing how the bosses change over time myself, as well as the land itself.

latest

I wanna see if they make the boss any less of a joke, but if he is still a joke I'm fine with that too.

latest

I wanna see if they make the boss any less of a joke, but if he is still a joke I'm fine with that too.

Would you want this/some/all bosses to undergo a MM3D-esque change where the bosses all function quite differently to the N64 version?
Or just not have this guy be pointless as a boss? :P

Would you want this/some/all bosses to undergo a MM3D-esque change where the bosses all function quite differently to the N64 version?
Or just not have this guy be pointless as a boss? :P

I'm fine with them leaving all the bosses the same. ALBW got away with changing the dungeons and bosses because of the wall-merging mechanic.

It doesn't look like LA remake has anything new so I'm not expecting the bosses to get a radical change up. A few new attacks would spice things up but I wouldn't feel disappointed it they don't.

Chrono Trigger's PS1 port included some animated cutscenes not present in the original SNES version - these were then included in the DS version (with an option to turn them off at the beginning of the game). There weren't loads of them and I wouldn't necessarily say they added a particularly large amount to the game, but I could get behind a couple being used in the new LA game for a couple of key scenes.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
anything w/ malon, sitting w/ her in the beach or saving her in tal tal heights, just in hopes that there's either anime cutscense or really nice portraits depicting those scenes

It's been a while since I played LA. To be honest I hope they didn't change too much besides the art style.

I can completely get behind this. I'd like an 'authentic' LA experience. I'd prefer 'additions' rather than outright changes. Suitable extras over tweaks for tweak's sake.

Definitely looking forward most to playing through the dungeons! The highlight of any Zelda game for me. I love the feeling that comes with that. Also looking forward to a deathless playthrough to get that cutscene. I somehow feel like this game will be more forgiving than the original.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Honestly, the updated cut scene for getting Manbo’s Mambo. That was always my favourite in the DX version and I’m wondering if they’ll make it more over the top now that they can.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The scene with Link and Marin at the lake. It's such a cute scene and I think it's gonna be even more so with the new art style

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom