• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Which aspect do you think the remake has improved the most?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Being a complete overhaul of the original, naturally almost every single aspect of Links Awakenings graphics, music, sound effects controls, animations and playability has been revamped. But which aspect or improvement is your favorite?

As pretty as the graphics are, I have to go with the soundtrack on this one.They really knocked it out of the park in that area imo. It's all just stellar stuff.

The frame rate, har har.

The QoL for the inventory, having some items mapped and equipped permanently really helps to not constantly be pausing and reassigning.

I also like the memories in the menu to see where you're off to next. Not that I needed it, but it's a nice feature.

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
Hard to think of one, since I prefer the original in almost every way, but I got to say, I really like the river rapids minigame more in the remaster. In the original you could move around using the jump and the boots but it probably wasn't the intended way. The way how it now works with the hookshot and with the timetrail mode, its a lot more fun.
Wish I could say the same about the fishing. Or the crane game. If there would only be more layout variations for it it would have helped a lot.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I really liked that they added shapes to the color dungeon puzzles and changed the hints to refer to shapes. I'm not colorblind myself, but I do appreciate that they thought of colorblind players when remastering it.

Also I loved the soundtrack, they kept the music the same as the original but made it fuller. I somehow always imagined the music of animal village being made with animal noises.

Already beat Link's Awakening Switch on normal difficulty and I'm soon finishing off Catfish Maw (level 5) on the Hero difficulty (really makes up for how easy LA was on the Gameboy series).

The constant remapping of the buttons in the original is not found in the Switch version...thank God for that!

The map is excellent and having more warp points is greatly appreciated in this case. Also you don't need at least 20 secret seashells to get the L-2 sword...more like
. More heart pieces...32 versus like 12 in the original.

Also you have to go play in the game room with that claw thingy...really annoying and it made me smile.

This, boys and girls, is how you improve on a near-perfect game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Definitely the quality of life for inventory. It feels so much better to not have to swap out my sword every two seconds because I need to use items, and so on. Also the visuals and music are really stunning. They did a fantastic job breathing life into the scenery and enemies.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly really glad theres no screen transition pause, it makes the game feel like one world, the dungeons feel more dungeony to boot i particularly liked lvl4 and 5

Archer

Whatever
This was just a personal nitpick from the GBC version of the game, but scrolling through text was a real chore in the old one. One big example was trying to lift a pot without the Power Bracelet equipped. I’m glad we don’t have to sit through that text every time anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom