• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Antagonist Would You Like To Return?

Which Antagonist Would You Like To Return?

• Vaati

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ganon

• Majora

• Dark Link

• Nightmare

• Zant

• Veran

• Onox

• Bellum

• Demise

• Ghirahim

• Malladus

• Total voters
Z

Zelant

Hi all! I know that some of us want a new Antagonist to give Ganon a break but out of the existing Antagonists who would you like to return to the Zelda series?

Darklinkrules45

Bow Down to the Dark Lord
i would love it if Dark Link made a return. that'd be so cool! but instead of being like Ocarina of Time, when he copies all of your moves, maybe he could make up some of his own.

• Vaati could also appear in the other timelines, preferably in the Toon timeline because the Failed Timeline just seems like a place for Nintendo to dump the earlier games, since we haven't had a game in that timeline since the Oracle games. However, I would like to see if the Palace of the Four Swords is canon, because that could present some possibilities for revisiting the FT.
• Ganondorf is most deserving of a return. His resurrections in the Failed Timeline make no sense, if only because the basis of Adventure of Link and the Oracle games are that his minions are trying to revive him, even though it should happen anyway, unless his resurrection takes a long time and the games that focus on actively reviving him are supposed to speed up the process. He hasn't been in the Adult timeline since Wind Waker, and since he's had more appearances in the other timelines, another appearance in the Toon games would be nice, especially after the utter blandness of Bellum and Malladus.
• Majora's Mask should definitely have its backstory expanded upon, although I stand by my theory that "Majora" is the name of the tribe that created the mask. I need to read that article about the Dark Tribe on this site so I can see the possibilities there.
• Dark Link is just a recurring boss. I don't exactly want him to come back, but having him show up would be nice.
• I've only beaten the first dungeon in Link's Awakening, but from what I gather, Nightmare was meant as one-shot villain.
• Zant was definitely meant as a one-shot villain. The same goes for Ghirahim. Their only purpose was to serve their master, so there is no reason to bring them back.
• Veran and Onox were Twinrova's pawns, although I wouldn't mind them coming back.
• Bellum and Malladus are two of the worst villains in the series, if only because of how bland they are. I would like to see them again just to see their backstories expanded upon, although they're just expies of Nightmare and Ganon. Since I prefer Spirit Tracks over Phantom Hourglass and Malladus at least had some personality, I think Malladus is more deserving of a return than Bellum.
• Demise should definitely return, if only to bring the cycle of reincarnation full circle.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganondorf, Dark Link, Vaati, and Majora are my picks.

Dark Link like Phantom Roxas said, isn't really a "villain" so to speak but a recurring boss. Still, fighting a mirror image of myself can't get any cooler than Dark Link himself, so why not?

Ganondorf has reason enough to return. That's amplified by Demise's joke of a statement as of his eradication.

Vaati, I want him to be explored a bit more. We got some decent backstory, but it really was childlike and I'd like to see a much darker side to him than TMC, FS and FSA offered.

Majora was insane, but we know not why. That needs to be explored IMO.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If Nintendo was to do another darker game for the series, I'd want Dark/Shadow Link to be the antagonist. I would love to see Link questioning his worthiness as a hero brought out through a struggle between him and his "dark side," though done with a Zelda perspective. Perhaps Link somehow triggers the wickeder portion of his soul to come out of him and it develops into Shadow Link throughout the game. It'd be up to Link to stop this entity from wreaking havoc in its own fashion. The character of Shadow Link would have the exact opposite traits as those of Link, and that contract would be stressed from the inception of SL to its end.

Perhaps the last battle would be a staring contest since no dialogue could transpire, as they'd both be mute. xD

Z

Zelant

I went for Dark Link but i would like to see him with a personality instead of being a mute counterpart. More like Ghirahim, pure evil.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Majora make a come back. But chances are, it would have to be a sequel to Majora's Mask in order for it to work though.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I'd like to see dark link return, because i think that it would be cool to have a 1-1 motion control sword fight that is between two people of the same size and similar skill. All of the times you would have a battle like that, (Demise is SS Ganondorf is TP etc.) in recent memory, they have all been almost twice your size. I think a dark link would be really hard to beat with 1-1 motion, as long as he has the same kinds of movements and attacks as link, but not just copy him.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I officialy voted Ghirahim, because Ghirahim was so funny and frightening at the same time. I'm not really sure how to get him back, maybe as supporting character of Dark Link like phi was for SS link? He would try to get his revenge on the descendants of the hero who defeated him in battle and killed his master after he spent so long trying to resurrect that master with Dark Link has his new master. Epicness guaranteed :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom