• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Anime Are You Currently Watching?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Sarai-ya Goyou (House of Five Leaves).

Quite relaxing and interesting at the same time. Very easy to relate to the protagonist, even though he's an edo-era ronin. It has an unusual art style and a great OP. It's only 12 episodes, so it's worth checking out.

(how did this even get on my watch list? maybe I was looking through mushi-shi recommendations?)

Just finished Durarara. Really loved the music and depth of the story.
Finally starting to watch One Piece from start to what ever episode they are on now. This is definitely going to be a year long project. Good so far.

I picked up Baccano! today. Seems OK.

I never watch more than one show at once (mostly because I rarely watch TV to begin with), so with this comes the official death of my attempt at Eureka Seven. I was about three-fourths of the way through it, but ugh. I can't make myself watch any more of it. Renton is by far the worst part, but the other characters aren't much better.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I picked up Baccano! today. Seems OK.

Boccano! was severely confusing. It tells the story from several points of view, but the events get really muddled and make it really hard to keep track of everything. The only memorable aspect is that the main characters are basically impossible to kill (you'll see why), but otherwise it's like slogging through a swamp. Good luck...

Sheik

:the:
Boccano! was severely confusing. It tells the story from several points of view, but the events get really muddled and make it really hard to keep track of everything. The only memorable aspect is that the main characters are basically impossible to kill (you'll see why), but otherwise it's like slogging through a swamp. Good luck...

I felt the same way about Baccano! People were saying, "You'll be utterly confused after finishing the first episode, but eventually you'll piece together what all is happening". I finished the first episode; I was confused. I finished the last episode; I was still ****ing confused.

Thing is, reading the plot in Wikipedia, it's a good story, and I understand and remember all the events now... but I didn't have a clue when watching. It's like a dense novel, if someone divided the novel into different pieces and mixmatched them.

The worst part about the show for me, personally, is that it's so highly praised, like it's a divine work of art, and I can't understand why. As a result, I feel like the main reason for my not enjoying it is my own stupidity; sort of the same way I feel about the novel, Ender's Game. But that's my own problem.

Durarara!! did a similar thing with its storytelling, but it was a hell of a lot more fluent and... chronological... and less ****ing confusing.

Good to know. tbh, I'm only a few episodes in and am already confused, but I attributed that to the fact that there are so many characters... it's hard keeping people straight. We'll see how it goes. At least I won't feel too dumb if I'm confused at the end :'D

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've been rewatching Ghost Hound lately. It's been a long time since I've last watched it and its as interesting as I remember.

As far as the upcoming fall anime season goes, I'm watching significantly less than usual... again. There's too much harem/ecchi **** these days. I've only got 8 from the fall season on my list at the moment, and that's a record low for me. I'll be watching:

Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou
Garo: Guren no Tsuki
Heavy Object
K: Return of Kings
Noragami Aragoto
One Punch Man
Owari no Seraph 2

If I had to pick, I'm looking forward to Owari no Seraph 2, Noragami Aragoto, and Comet Lucifer the most. I'm also really excited for One Punch Man, since I've been reading the manga.

EDIT: added Owarimonogatari since it's part of the Monogatari Series. I didn't know that when I first saw it because the description didn't mention it. dam u anichart

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom