• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Anime Are You Currently Watching?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm starting code geass again. I never got to see it all last time I started and the episodes I did watch were really good.

Mido

Version 1
I finished Samurai Champloo last week, and @Soul, it was just as you said. The Beatbox Bandits episode had some of the best humor I've seen in anime, and while the story was inconsistent due to the road trip format, it was decent at the very least when loose ends began to come into play. Overall, not superb, but a very entertaining ride.

I have since made my way onto the Magi series. It reminds me heavily of Fairy Tail, with a similar art style and of course: the presence of magic! :cool: I am currently in the second season, (I caught a cold last weekend, so I had a ton of time on my hands), and I find its best aspect is its character development.

Towa no Quon (i.e. Eternal Quon), a six movie series (really just 50 minutes per chapter) focusing on a group of espers who use their powers to bring in others like them so that normal society is unaffected. There's a highly trained military group with six or so cyborgs working against them, however, and hunt down any espers whose power exceeds a certain level. Quon, the protagonist, feels obligated to save as many espers as possible due to a tragedy almost a hundred years ago; thing is, Quon is immortal and can't die from practically any injury. He chooses to use his ability to help people like him, which is almost rare considering that he is self-sacrificing rather than self-serving from the get-go.

Fate/Zero is just as good as (if not better than) all three of those. Guilty Crown, too.

Loved Akame ga Kill! although it felt like Akame didn't get as much airtime as she should have.

So I ended up binge watching Fate/Zero, I loved how intense it was!. So glad you recommended it. I'm excited to start watching Fate/Stay Night.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
At long last, Nanatsu no Taizai. Discarding Melodias' stereotypical perversion (a real person okayed this), I'm enjoying the absurdly believable world of overpowered knights and talking pigs.

So I ended up binge watching Fate/Zero, I loved how intense it was!. So glad you recommended it. I'm excited to start watching Fate/Stay Night.
Are you watching Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works next? If not, I would recommend that one over the 2006 series since it's like a direct follow-up to Zero. Although, considering that Stay night was originally a visual novel with three separate stories, you can go either way without losing too many plot points.

In general, Gen Urobuchi (the "Urobutcher", haha) writes incredibly tragic stories with lots of dark tones, yet this works toward building strong characters. His other anime adaptations include Alnoah.Zero, Psycho-Pass, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, and Kara no Kyoukai (which I have yet to see).

Some other anime series in the same vein as Fate/Zero (aside from Guilty Crown and Akame ga Kill!): Macross Frontier, Mirai Nikki (although Akise is an utterly wretched character), Canaan, Deadman Wonderland, Ga-Rei: Zero, and most recently Towa no Quon. And that's it from me. =P

At long last, Nanatsu no Taizai. Discarding Melodias' stereotypical perversion (a real person okayed this), I'm enjoying the absurdly believable world of overpowered knights and talking pigs.

Are you watching Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works next? If not, I would recommend that one over the 2006 series since it's like a direct follow-up to Zero. Although, considering that Stay night was originally a visual novel with three separate stories, you can go either way without losing too many plot points.

In general, Gen Urobuchi (the "Urobutcher", haha) writes incredibly tragic stories with lots of dark tones, yet this works toward building strong characters. His other anime adaptations include Alnoah.Zero, Psycho-Pass, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, and Kara no Kyoukai (which I have yet to see).

Some other anime series in the same vein as Fate/Zero (aside from Guilty Crown and Akame ga Kill!): Macross Frontier, Mirai Nikki (although Akise is an utterly wretched character), Canaan, Deadman Wonderland, Ga-Rei: Zero, and most recently Towa no Quon. And that's it from me. =P

I tried watching Fate/Stay night: Unlimited, but It didn't really keep my attention unfortunately. :C I liked the wide range of characters in Fate/Zero compared to the high school setting of Unlimited. The darker tone is what caught my interest. I'll have to check out more of Urobutcher's work :p Thanks again for the suggestions!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I usually watch and read several anime and manga at once.

The anime series I'm currently watching:

1. Baccano!
2. Claymore
3. Dragon Ball
4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
5. Kill la Kill
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion
7. One Punch Man
8. Steins;Gate
9. Trigun
10. Basilisk
11. Afro Samurai

Manga I'm currently reading:

1. Fist of the North Star
2. Gantz
3. Shingeki no Kyojin
4. The Vinland Saga.
5. Dragon Ball Super
6. Vagabond
7. Afro Samurai

Thank God for MAL, or else I wouldn't be able to keep track of it all.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I tried watching Fate/Stay night: Unlimited, but It didn't really keep my attention unfortunately. :C I liked the wide range of characters in Fate/Zero compared to the high school setting of Unlimited. The darker tone is what caught my interest. I'll have to check out more of Urobutcher's work :p Thanks again for the suggestions!
Yeah, the pacing in UBW was slower than Zero, but it introduces new characters every other episode or so. This gives plenty of time to show the motives of previous characters, and ultimately builds up to the true antagonist. At this point, the show returns to the darker tone from Zero with equally epic action. Hope you enjoy the other suggestions though.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
One Crap Man. Time to see what all the buzz is about; bet none of it has to do with Saitama's asinine expression.

Fate/Stay Night

Not as good as I was hoping. Id heard a lot about it and its gone pretty far with merch and spin offs etc but... Aside from the main character being voiced by Jude Mathis from Tales of Xillia (<3) I'm not getting much out of it.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Fate/Stay Night

Not as good as I was hoping. Id heard a lot about it and its gone pretty far with merch and spin offs etc but... Aside from the main character being voiced by Jude Mathis from Tales of Xillia (<3) I'm not getting much out of it.
Are you watching the 2006 version or UBW?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
The 2nd season of Assassination Classroom started up in January, so I've been waiting to watch the episodes every week. I really enjoyed the 1st season, and the 2nd is even better so far. I like the mix of comedy and action. Both genres suit the story and characters very well.
Plus, I mean, it has an alien tentacle monster teaching a classroom of students who are constantly trying to murder him, so you know it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom