• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Anime Are You Currently Watching?

It can be fanservicy on all sides so there's that as a downside. But the action is usually good and I love all the characters. The story arcs are all pretty good too. I think it's worth watching.

Cool. I got the first 24 eps on dvd for xmas. My friend figured i'd like the girls. Puts me off at how much of it there is though, hasnt it been going for ten years?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Gonna start Fairy Tail soon.

Someone stop me if it isnt worth it.

Stop, it isn't worth it. Action and characters are bland-as-hell and sometimes straight-up bad. Natsu in particular is a blank-slate of a protagonist. Fight scenes always boil down to the same basic formula. Everything is about as cliche and generic as it gets. Also dumb fanservice to get 12-year-old dicks moist.

Mido

Version 1
Judging from the first episode, it seems like their answer was basically "let's pretend that filler arc that wrapped up the last season never happened" lol. It feels a little awkward since Bon and the others are back to being uncomfortable around Rin. All that filler after Amaimon's attack seems to have been completely ignored. I mean, it wasn't canon in the first place, but still. To completely ignore it as if it never happened instead of trying to roll with it is a bit... awkward.

Yeah, I can imagine it would be, but at the same time, given how the gigantic filler arc at the end was, I suppose it may be for the best.

As far as the Fairy Tail conversation goes, I think it's pretty good up to a point. It starts off decently, but eventually grows stale. Also, as both Azure and Draymorath mention, the fanservice is annoying.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Judging from the first episode, it seems like their answer was basically "let's pretend that filler arc that wrapped up the last season never happened" lol. It feels a little awkward since Bon and the others are back to being uncomfortable around Rin. All that filler after Amaimon's attack seems to have been completely ignored. I mean, it wasn't canon in the first place, but still. To completely ignore it as if it never happened instead of trying to roll with it is a bit... awkward.

To be honest that's the best choice they could have made. The second half of S1 was atrocious and kind of directly conflicts with things that happen in the manga. So I commend them for doing that instead of trying to find a way to shoehorn the filler in to be canon.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Toonami's going to start showing Dragon Ball Super, and Gundam Unicorn, so I'll be watching those now as well as most of the other stuff on there. I feel Gundam is one of those that will slowly grow on me. Iron Blooded Orphans was alright.

Raven Storm

Paint the world black and grey
I watched all of the seasons and overall enjoyed it (years ago before i started avoiding harems like the plague) but my god to this day I ****ing hate Louise's guts, she treats Saito like **** and cannot be honest with him or herself and this leads to one of the unhealthiest relationships I've seen in any anime, and this does not change over the course of the entire series.

so, uh, be prepared for a headache if that kind of thing would get to you.
I welcome it with open arms! I am rather easy going when it comes to anime couples. :)
But thanks for the heads up nonetheless. (If I end up hating them as such, you'll be the first to know!)

Shamo

Lord Kaiser.
Re-Watching:

- Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Best anime there is.

- YuYu Hakusho
One of the top 5 shounen series there is.

- Rurouni Kenshin
Also in the top 5 but greater than YYH.

- Hunter x Hunter
Greatest shounen anime series, Togashi greatess.

- Tomorrow's Joe
Absolutely beautiful.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
So I just watched the last episode of Gurren Lagann, and I seriously cried half the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom