• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which animals/insects/etc freak you out?

We're all scared of something in the animal kingdom. I cant go near anything that lives in the water or has more than two eyes.

But even then there are some animals that i'm not scared of but they still freak me out... like those inside out cats, i'm not scared of them but damn theyre freaky...

So which animal/insects etc freak you out the most?

funnier6

Courage~
Well I'm not really scared of anything unless scared for my life counts, I think my worst nightmare would be if all the bugs in the world suddenly became huge.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
p160e8g1lh14s126n1ahj1cg7pso5.jpg

These! Daddy long legs are the worst. Interesting thing I discovered is that I am less scared of them when I am naked. I guess because there is no folds or sleeves for them to crawl up. I can actually hype myself up into killing one by using a tissue in my hand if I am in the buff. If I am clothed however as I most often am I have to use a long pole or vaccum nozzle, and won't even go near one without a weapon of lemgth. If one were to escape I would be anxious until it was found and disposed of. The thought of one loose makes me sick.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm both fascinated and horrified by the octopus. It's the most alien looking creature I can think of and its body just bizarre. The look of their suction cups freak me out.

They're brilliant escape artists and freakishly strong. I'm torn between wanting to watch them or exterminate them all.:grean::anger3d:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Bot flies. They are these insects that fly around in Central America and act just like any other fly but they actually can bite you and lay eggs under your skin. Then the eggs grow into larvae and feed of of your blood until they hatch from your skin and fly away. My Anatomy Physiology teach made us watch a vid on this guy who had to remove some from his skin. :ananger: AAAAAAAGGHGG!!!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would have to say that pretty much anything typically classified as "pests and vermin" would be on the list of things that freak me out. I don't like anything being in my house that isn't supposed to be there, especially if it's alive and moving around.

As far as the creepiest looking thing... I'd have to say a scorpion is one of the creepiest looking insects. And a cobra is probably one of the creepiest looking snakes.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I've no idea why but I've always been scared of woodlice and earwigs. The latter because I thought they crawled into your ear and ate your brain!
And now thanks to @Domozilla777 I'm scared of bot flies they sound nasty!

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I've no idea why but I've always been scared of woodlice and earwigs. The latter because I thought they crawled into your ear and ate your brain!
And now thanks to @Domozilla777 I'm scared of bot flies they sound nasty!
Aww I'm sorry! They are the most menacing insect in Central America tho... just stay away from panama and you'll be fine!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
p160e8g1lh14s126n1ahj1cg7pso5.jpg

These! Daddy long legs are the worst. Interesting thing I discovered is that I am less scared of them when I am naked. I guess because there is no folds or sleeves for them to crawl up. I can actually hype myself up into killing one by using a tissue in my hand if I am in the buff. If I am clothed however as I most often am I have to use a long pole or vaccum nozzle, and won't even go near one without a weapon of lemgth. If one were to escape I would be anxious until it was found and disposed of. The thought of one loose makes me sick.

That's funny, in the Northwest of Murcuh, we call those cellar spiders (although i usually call them "those freaky spiders with the super long legs that you find in warehouses") and we call harvestmen "daddy longlegs". Harvestmen don't freak me out at all as they're...I think it's some kind of mite. But yeah, cellar spiders are the worst and they infest buildings.

Friggin' lapreys! They live in the dang Willamette River! I'm not down with that, that is not cool. The Indians here actually eat them too. I'm not a fan of eating parasites, no thank you, nope nope nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom