• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which 2D Zelda Game Do You Wish Had Been 3D?

A couple of things have helped birth this thread; the first being the possibility of Nintendo remaking A Link to the Past possibly in 3D, and the second being a train of thought last night where I caught myself wishing that Phantom Hourglass had been a 3D wii game rather than a 2D Ds title.

My reasonings for wanting PH as a 3D game was because there were so many upgrades made to so many of Wind Waker's elements in PH such as modifying the ship, and the three power ups for the three fairies which accompany you. I also think that the timed Dungeon would have been less annoying and frustrating in a 3D title, of course upgrades to the content would have had to have been made to make PH into a console game, but I don't think Nintendo would have had to waste much time on doing so. Some Characters like the Mermaid and Wayfarer and of course Oshu and Linebeck would have been wonderful in a 3D world...

Anyway, which 2D Zelda titles would you like to have seen as a 3D installment?

How about the original? I would love to explore the original Hyrule in 3D. Of course it would be more difficult to find exactly where to bomb all of those walls though....

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
LoZ! FO SHO. It was such a great game! Before I even played it, I saw the old graphics it uses, and I was thinking to myself "How can that possibly be entertaining". Boy was I wrong. The game is great, and even I cant understand how they did it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is a hard one. I want to say all, because they could all use the depth with the sole exception of Minish Cap which was fracking amazing on its own, and ALttP because we basically have ALttP3D in the form of Ocarina of Time (i.e neither can be improved).

If it comes down to any one title, it is Selda II: Adventure of Link. Those RPG elements could be put to amazing use -- maybe AoL could've been a JRPG or something. It would be spectacular.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
aLttP would be an interesting game in 3D format, But there would have to be an edit or two since there aren't any open areas with nothing in them... kept running into trees with my pegasus Boots :S

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
ALTTP. In my eyes is the only story from a 2D zelda worth telling in 3D. The others are a bit less...well...less.

Dan

I believe the CD-I games would make an excellent addition to a 3D remake. Not only have we not seen this beautiful masterpieces on any other consoles, but in my opinion they are the best Zelda games in existence.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I do not really feel the need for any 2D Zelda games to be re-designed to 3D. Games that are made in 2D are designed 2D, and would be awkaward if transfered into 3D. I am, however, starting to enjoy the idea of A Link To The Past being remade into a 3D game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom