• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where'd the Graveyard Kid Go?

Ganondorf killed almost everyone within Hyrule as soon as he took power. Everyone is either dead or gone. I don't think it's that far fetched to assume he is in that camp.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Hmm, an interesting question. Never really thought on this one before!

I see the common answer is that he died, but...that leaves me to think why no one would speak about it? Would he not have some kind of grave in the graveyard for himself? I'm not saying Nintendo had to go full on dark and heavy and have the grave have a headstone that read "here lies Graveyard Kid. He was dumb and hung around a graveyard what did you expect to happen", but wouldn't there, at the very least, be a HINT that he was buried in the graveyard by there being an extra headstone, or clump of dirt or something? The only extra headstone was for Dampe.

So I go on to think that he actually, in fact, left when he reached his teen years. Life in Hyrule was getting progressively worse. Dampe probably died in like, 5 or 6 years, so he had nobody to be around in the graveyard. And his family also fled to live elsewhere. My question would be, after that: where? Where else is there to live in Hyrule? Each area is designated for a particular race or people. They couldn't have gone to Hyrule castle to live...

Unless they did. It just kinda occurred to me, what if the family paid a visit to the castle JUST when it got really, really bad. They had no idea what would be coming, and at that moment, BAM, the whole place is destroyed and they become ReDeads.

I dunno, that's where my mind goes after following the rabbit hole logic, but in all likelihood, they just weren't put in the game cuz they didn't have a need for them past Link's childhood.

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
Yeah, I think he probably just grew up. Maybe he enlisted in what was left of the army as a way of possible following in his father's footsteps and was KIA defending Kakariko.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Yeah, I think he probably just grew up. Maybe he enlisted in what was left of the army as a way of possible following in his father's footsteps and was KIA defending Kakariko.

Well, he is obviously younger than Young Link at that time, so after 7 years, he should still be so. Adult Link is, like 17 or something, so I'd say he's too young to be in the army

You are all forgetting one thing. It's almost certain that the Poe Collecter is a female.

tumblr_m5fqp2K6xx1rpntveo1_500.gif

Remember this? This suggest that she is female, hence she finds Link attractive. Plus, she hints that if she was so handsome herself, she would be in a different business. No kid who plays this gets the reference, but I think she means she would have been a prostitute. So if you would assume she is female, it can't be the kid. Or it's a gay poe collector with ambitions to go into prostitution, but I don't think that's it :P.

I like the Poe theory on the boy though. He was so fascinated with graveyards, ghosts and death that he himself became a ghost.
I don't think that's what that means at all... For all we know, the Poe Collector is a monstrosity under his hood (I mean that one glowing eye is already a red flag) so I doubt he'd be able to be something like be the cashier in Kakariko without people freaking out and trying to run him out of town. If he looked as good as Link, who was just a regular dude, he could just live an easy life and be a regular dude with a regular job.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Maybe he grew up, some buff Gerudo took a liking to him and now he's banging around in some secret Gerudo harem somewhere?

or maybe he ventured into the forest and got lost... AND WAS NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN!!!

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
Well, he is obviously younger than Young Link at that time, so after 7 years, he should still be so. Adult Link is, like 17 or something, so I'd say he's too young to be in the army
You'd be surprised. In Medieval Europe, kids as young as 12 were allowed to be sent into battle alongside knights as squires. Barring that, when a nation is under the very real threat of an unstoppable force coming to annihilate them, they tend to waive age requirements, such as the case with Napoleon's "Orphans of the Imperial Guard" who were 14 years old and deployed to stop the advance of the Allied European powers, the 14 year old Japanese students sent to fight the Americans at Okinawa during World War II, the 12 year old "Sons of the Regiment" of the Soviet Union and the 14 year old Hitler Youth who were sent into combat, and then as the Allies were getting closer to Berlin, boys as young as 12 were deployed to fight.
I think with Hyrule's capital overrun with Redeads and with them essentially backed into a corner, I'd think that the army would take anyone they could get, regardless of age.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
You are all forgetting one thing. It's almost certain that the Poe Collecter is a female.

tumblr_m5fqp2K6xx1rpntveo1_500.gif

Remember this? This suggest that she is female, hence she finds Link attractive. Plus, she hints that if she was so handsome herself, she would be in a different business. No kid who plays this gets the reference, but I think she means she would have been a prostitute. So if you would assume she is female, it can't be the kid. Or it's a gay poe collector with ambitions to go into prostitution, but I don't think that's it :P.

I like the Poe theory on the boy though. He was so fascinated with graveyards, ghosts and death that he himself became a ghost.

The Poe Collector wouldn't necessarily have to be female (or gay) to find Link attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom