• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Will Zelda Go from Here?

R

ravenhinamori

I'm not sure exactly, but with the technology they have in the 3DS and of course the wii and wii u, I'd like to see them releasing only 3d zelda titles from now on. After all OoT, MM, WW, TP, and SS are the best so far.

I'm not sure exactly, but with the technology they have in the 3DS and of course the wii and wii u, I'd like to see them releasing only 3d zelda titles from now on. After all OoT, MM, WW, TP, and SS are the best so far.

The wii is the most lackluster in terms of technology when comparing it to the other two major consoles (PS3 and Xbox360), and the games you listed as "the best" is completely an opinion statement. The MC and ALTTP instantly come to mind when I think of games better then TP and MM (although a lot will probably disagree with the latter).

In terms of where I think Zelda will go from where it is now, I think graphics wise it will move in the general direction towards realistic. We've had the cell shaded feel for a while now and I feel like Nintendo has finally conformed to the general mainstream idea that realistic style graphics are better. Also, they want to showcase the Wii U's capability of HD and a realistic Zelda is the best way to do it.

In terms of gameplay I hope they revert back to the "button mashing" style instead of sticking with motion controls. I never liked motion controls and I've posted on other threads of why I feel this way so I'm not going to post another long review of motion controls in SS here. By the looks of things on the Wii U controler that we got to see at E3, it might take a turn in that direction and I'm happy about that.

I hope they stick with the same storytelling techniques that they used in SS and WW. Beautiful dramatic cut scenes coupled with deep character development between Link and Zelda makes me a happy gamer :).

Overall, I think Zelda will continue to be a succesful series for atleast another 10 years. Things will change as does everything with the passing of time, but I think Zelda will remain as the dominent series in Nintendo, and to an extent, the video game industry.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I would personally like to see some experimenting with new twists to the Zelda formula as far as plot is concerned. I'd also think ti would be cool to see a return of 2D gaming. Te only games I have played in the Zelda series were the 3D titles (not talking about Ocarina of Time 3D, but graphics in general 3D ), so I'd love to have a new experience in that sort of field. but watever the case may be, I suppose we can only wiat and see what Nintendo has in store for our hero when the time comes, right?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Well, I'm hoping for a continuation of the whole Ganondorf/Ganon storyline. He hasn't been seen for awhile (three games to be exact) and I think it's finally time to bring him back.

Majora's Wrath

Dont get on his bad side.
these are some great ideas guys i too want to get rid of motion controls and i want to see the return of the ganon story sometime but i like new villian ideas as well

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I think Zelda is heading in the direction of more realistic games. I mean, of course it will still be fantasy, but look at some of the last major titles out (TP, SS). Both of these have either realistic design or plot lines. A boy working as a farm hand, a boy going to school with his best friend. I think Zelda is becoming even more refined, and Nintendo is stepping up their games. Hopefully, we will finally take a leap from OoT (Not to say it's a bad game, because it's my favorite, but it is still one of the best known Zelda titles out there, and most played) and get into new elements. New villians, new controls, new games.

Skyward Sword was a huge leap, and hopefully we'll see more like it in the sense of being diverse and creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom