• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Will Link Be From?

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
In ZW do you think Link will be from a forest place like he usually is or somewhere different like an ocean place or the mountains. I would want him from somewhere new but i think he'll be from the forest. What do you think?

D

derektherock42

I think he'll be the same Link as from Twilight Princess, so he'll be from Ordon. The artwork of him looks similar to the Link in Twilight Princess, so it might be the same one. But who knows?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm thinking this is a TP sequel like derek, so he'll probably still be from Ordon. I personally would like to see something different, like maybe actually making him from Hyrule for a change, but that may be killing a tradition and no one wants that.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I really doubt it'll be a TP sequel... and really, I hope it isn't. I hope it's something that takes place before TP. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was on the TWW side, either... that'd be neat.

I really don't know where he'll be from. Rumors state that it's OoT!Link. If that's the case, then we already know his origins. However, if it's a different Link, I'm hoping they'll be rid of the whole forest bit. I'd like to go back to living in a HOUSE or something. I don't want him to be some stranger from the forest. I'm hoping they'll make him just another normal boy living somewhere in Hyrule. Maybe in a small town outside of Hyrule, or even in Kakariko Village.

Or maybe they'll stick with the water thing and he'll be born on a BOAT! Arrrrr me matey!

Austin

Austin
I've heard that someone on the development team confirmed that it wasn't a TP sequel but that's probably just a rumor. Which is good, because that's what I was thinking, TP sequel. It kinda makes sense if you think about it; Link's going to be at his oldest and TP is the only game that concluded with him as an adult, he's missing a sword in the concept art and TP Link returned the Master Sword at the end of the game, and he's seen riding away from Ordon at the end of the game. Nothing too solid, but it still makes you think.

So I'm hoping for a MM-style beginning where he's riding through a forest in the beginning. Not a carbon copy of MM's opening, but something that's reminiscent of it.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It's really hard to say.. but i guess if it's a new Link I would want him to be from a new village/town area. similar to a thriving kakariko. but then if this is a sequel (which i had assumed it would be) then who knows where he will start off, it could be just about anywhere in tp hyrule from the center Hyrule Castle to the farthest reaches of that realm..

M

Maelstorm

I agree he still might be in ordon or he could start in Hyrule living there

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I've heard that someone on the development team confirmed that it wasn't a TP sequel but that's probably just a rumor. Which is good, because that's what I was thinking, TP sequel. It kinda makes sense if you think about it; Link's going to be at his oldest and TP is the only game that concluded with him as an adult, he's missing a sword in the concept art and TP Link returned the Master Sword at the end of the game, and he's seen riding away from Ordon at the end of the game. Nothing too solid, but it still makes you think.

So I'm hoping for a MM-style beginning where he's riding through a forest in the beginning. Not a carbon copy of MM's opening, but something that's reminiscent of it.

I like this idea of him arriving on a horse. No home town needed.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I like this idea of him arriving on a horse. No home town needed.
It's not exactly new, but it does work. The first Link (The Legend of Zelda) was a wanderer. In the midst of his travels, he saved Impa, and that's when he became involved in the quest to save Hyrule and its princess. So, it'd be a nice nod to a classic if they did something like that.... just have him come outta some place during his travels and get wrapped up in saving the world.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I'm not saying I like it but I am guessing it will be another dark game and that Link will be from similar - if not the same - place. Ordon would be my best guess but if it isn't a sequel then maybe some sort of wood village.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
He's going to be from a small town in Minnesota. He lives with his uncle Kleph, twice removed, who works at a car customization garage. Link is trying to learn about cars, but he just isn't that interested. So one day he sets off on his uncle's motorcycle, looking for adventure. He finds himself in England, where Ganondorf has killed the queen and has Prince Charles captive. It is up to Link to save the prince and bring back order to the land.

I hope it's Link from OoT! That would be AWESOME
But I also think the leaked picture of the new Zelda Wii shows how Link isn't holding a sword, but the thing next to him resembles the master sword, and at the end of oot he puts the sword back to rest, so I don't think he can get it back. idk that probably made no sense lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom