• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where the Wild Things Are

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
This trailer has been out for a while, but since there's no topic, I thought we'd talk about the upcoming move (and the book too!).

The book is one of my all time favorites as a child. It perfectly captured the imagination of a young boy. It was eerie, exhilarating, scary and funny. It was also very short, only about 20 or so pages long and only a few lines of dialog.

So I was obviously skeptic that they could adapt this into a movie.

Was being the key word here. If you haven't seen the trailer, watch this:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/watch-the-new-trailer-for-2.php

Holy crap. I'm sold. I haven't been this excited to see a movie since... well, The Dark Knight or The Incredibles. Sure, they're probably adding an actual plot, but thats why its called an Adaption. It feels like Labyrinth or The Dark Crystal, or any of those 80s fantasy movies. The right move for this.

Oh, if you haven't read the book, here's a picture movie with a narration. Its barely longer then the trailer for the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cOEFnppm_A

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I remember the book. Oh, I liked that book, even though it was quite strange. An anarchist boy wanting to be anarchist, but he finds the monsters, then regrets what he wanted. I don't get how that could be in a movie, but it sounds good. I wonder if it will use a similar drawing style, or its going to be CGI? I can't imagine it as CGI...*shivers*

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Holy crap they're making a movie out of it? I used to love this book. It had this eerie feeling about it.... it just felt like.... I don't know how to explain it, but that made me love it. I hope they don't mess that up.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
This actually looks pretty interesting. I remember loving the book as a kid and I would read it all the time. The trailer is pretty impressive, and I hope that the movie will be too. I would've never thought someone would make a movie out of it. But come to think of it, I do remember hearing something about this a little while ago.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I saw the movie recently with my mom. I got in the car with her and was so excited, words cannot describe! I read the book as a kid and remember it being so magical. However, two hours later when the movie over, I was very, very sad. The movie was anything but what I had expected. It was dull and boring and didn't have the effect on me like the book once did. However, I will always be a fan of the book. I just think the movie was a complete let down.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I never read the book as a child (or ever), so I have little interest in the movie, sadly.

L

Link of Hyrule

ya i just saw it and they used all the same monsters and a lot of other stuff that was in the book but I think it would scare all these little kids who just read the book and loved it so there mom decides she will take them to see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom