• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where The Heck Does MC Go...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Can I just add real quick here that (even though this might just be developer oversight) The Minish Cap characters speak in The Wind Waker Hylian? If you were to take that as law, it would be clear that The Minish Cap comes AFTER The Wind Waker (or at least after Ocarina of Time, on the adult timeline, depending on when [in-game] the language was developed).

i dont think that is a solid reason for anything. you are obviously the toon link and the characters in the game are obviously closely resembling the characters from WW and PH, but thats just because thats how they felt like making the game. the language could have been overlooked, or over time, the creators just changed up the language for originality sake. none of the characters in TP look anything like those of the characters in OoT or MM, but we know (most of us do anyway) that it takes place after those games.

and just because they speak the same hylian as WW does not AT ALL mean that it comes after it, that could also mean it comes before it, which if MC is the first game in the timeline, would be before WW.

i believe MC to be the first in the timeline, which means it comes before OoT, then WW after that in the adult timeline. i cant recall anyone speaking hylian in OoT to compare to MC, so if they dont speak any hylian to compare, then it is plausible that WW got their Hylian from MC, because it was passed down and just never used in OoT.

A

Ando

i dont think that is a solid reason for anything. you are obviously the toon link and the characters in the game are obviously closely resembling the characters from WW and PH, but thats just because thats how they felt like making the game. the language could have been overlooked, or over time, the creators just changed up the language for originality sake. none of the characters in TP look anything like those of the characters in OoT or MM, but we know (most of us do anyway) that it takes place after those games.

and just because they speak the same hylian as WW does not AT ALL mean that it comes after it, that could also mean it comes before it, which if MC is the first game in the timeline, would be before WW.

i believe MC to be the first in the timeline, which means it comes before OoT, then WW after that in the adult timeline. i cant recall anyone speaking hylian in OoT to compare to MC, so if they dont speak any hylian to compare, then it is plausible that WW got their Hylian from MC, because it was passed down and just never used in OoT.

Not to be totally rude here, but did you read my post at all? :/ I did say "this could just be developer oversight", and that, even if someone DOES assume that it means something, it might not mean that TMC comes AFTER TWW, just that somewhere in-between OoT and TWW that language was developed.

And... as for the last part, all of the writing in OoT and MM is a separate Hylian text from what is seen in TWW and TMC (and TP for that matter). So it's very possible that they started off with one writing system (OoT and MM), then after hundreds of years, the writing evolved to a new form (TWW and TMC). After all, the people of OoT -> TP managed to completely OVERHAUL their writing system in the matter of a century, so. :P

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Not to be totally rude here, but did you read my post at all? :/ I did say "this could just be developer oversight", and that, even if someone DOES assume that it means something, it might not mean that TMC comes AFTER TWW, just that somewhere in-between OoT and TWW that language was developed.

And... as for the last part, all of the writing in OoT and MM is a separate Hylian text from what is seen in TWW and TMC (and TP for that matter). So it's very possible that they started off with one writing system (OoT and MM), then after hundreds of years, the writing evolved to a new form (TWW and TMC). After all, the people of OoT -> TP managed to completely OVERHAUL their writing system in the matter of a century, so. :P

for starters, i did read your post. i wasnt shooting you down at all if thats what you think. i just gave my ideas for those changes.

and as far as the language itself goes, WW and MC were developed roughly around the same times with TP following them, so that could be why the language in those games are the same or similar. rather than creating two different languages for the games, they just decided to use the same symbols.

A

Ando

for starters, i did read your post. i wasnt shooting you down at all if thats what you think. i just gave my ideas for those changes.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry then; I must have mis-interpreted your meaning. I'm a little tired right now. :P

Yeah, my best guess is that it's just a development choice that they decided to make when making the game, as opposed to a real story-related design choice. I'm just surprised that up to this point no "TMC can't be first!" supporters have never brought it up.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Oh, I'm terribly sorry then; I must have mis-interpreted your meaning. I'm a little tired right now. :P

Yeah, my best guess is that it's just a development choice that they decided to make when making the game, as opposed to a real story-related design choice. I'm just surprised that up to this point no "TMC can't be first!" supporters have never brought it up.

its cool, and yeah i think that people dead set on it not being first would bring up the tiniest things. im sure it was just "laziness" on the developers. they probably didnt think anyone would go as far as to compare languages.

also, thats like saying that the pot designs in WW and MC are the same so they must be connected in the adult timeline haha.

Chris

It has been awhile...
the enemy. the main bad guy in the game is Vaati. in the game he has his own back story and everything, just like Ganondorf in OoT. ganondorf is not at all mentioned anywhere or even hinted to in this game. this is the only game that takes place in hyrule that has nothing to do with ganondorf. this would lead me to believe that no one knows who ganondorf is and he has not come into the series yet. if ganondorf is not in the series yet, then this game would HAVE to come before OoT because that is the game in which ganondorf is introduced, and if MC comes before OoT then it is the first game in the timeline.

I think this is the best one. It says that a Gerudo Male is born every 100 years. So, if there is no Ganondorf, then it must mean 100 years have not past. I guess I agree that it is the first in the series.

C

cpunerd96

I stand by my earlier opinion

I haven't played MC but I know for a fact that Shigeru Miyamoto said OoT came first.
This does make sense. But I still think that it makes sense for OoT to come first.
I'll have a talk with Shigeru Miyamoto.
(If I can find his email and he actually replys to emails.)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
This does make sense. But I still think that it makes sense for OoT to come first.
I'll have a talk with Shigeru Miyamoto.
(If I can find his email and he actually replys to emails.)

For God's sake, after that, Myiamoto said that FS came before OoT, and MC is a sure sequel to it... For how long will I have to keep repeating this?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
All the Capcom Zeldas (MC, FS, Oracle games) I tend to not care where they go, and I even half suspect they don't belong anywhere in the timeline.

well FSA has ganon in it and has the trifork of power or the trident of power in it or whatever you want to call it and seeing as how ganon appears in other zelda games and has the trident in another zelda game, we have to include them in the timeline. just because they were made by capcom does not mean that they are not canon. miyamoto is still involved in the creation of the games hes just doing it while someone else is paying the bills.

C

cpunerd96

For God's sake, after that, Myiamoto said that FS came before OoT, and MC is a sure sequel to it... For how long will I have to keep repeating this?
Oh! I didn't take the time to read the entire topic!
I don't really know anything (other than the fact that there is four links) about Four Swords anyway.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
spoiler

Oh! I didn't take the time to read the entire topic!
I don't really know anything (other than the fact that there is four links) about Four Swords anyway.

heres the quick version.

MC: Vaati releases evil onto the world that was once sealed away in a chest and held shut by the power of the picori blade. Vaati destroys the picori blade making it the white sword. Vaati is after the light force and Zelda gets in his way so he turns her to stone. Link is off to try and return power to the white sword to make it the picori blade so he can turn Zelda back to normal and defeat Vaati who is after the light force which ends up being inside of Zelda herself. Vaati is trapped in the very chest that he had opened in the beginning of the game and thats where the picori sword remains. the picori sword is also known as the four sword but thats not mentioned in this game. the back story of MC is not related to any previous zelda games.

FS: sequel (but made before MC). Vaati tricks link into setting him free. Vaati kidnaps 7 or 8 girls who are protectors of something or other and link must rescue them by using the picori sword (or four sword as it is known in this game) and splitting into 4 different links (hence the multiplayer).

FSA: Vaati is once again able to trick link into releasing him on the world. this time, not only does Vaati kidnap some more girls, but he has a diabolical plot to ressurect Ganon who was not at all mentioned in FS or MC (thats one main reason why many people put FS and MC before OoT). link rescues the girls, defeats Ganon and seals him in the chest that the four sword was protecting.

this leads into ALTTP which has the four sword shrine and it shows he broken sword and opened chest which means that Ganon escaped.

theres your quick run down.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
well FSA has ganon in it and has the trifork of power or the trident of power in it or whatever you want to call it and seeing as how ganon appears in other zelda games and has the trident in another zelda game, we have to include them in the timeline. just because they were made by capcom does not mean that they are not canon. miyamoto is still involved in the creation of the games hes just doing it while someone else is paying the bills.

Oh, I realize that. I just don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom