• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where is Zelda? (As In, Princess)

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
So, I know we only saw a few small bits of the game, but now that a day has gone by and a lot of people have talked to Miyamoto and Aonuma...what is happening with Zelda in this game? Nobody has been asking this. She must be there, she's the title character...

What do you think? They have done some interesting things with her lately...Sheik, Tetra, disembodied soul...

Do we have anything to go on at this point?

Hmm... Maybe she's the very thing that gets the ball rolling? I can see it now... Link is chilling out in the sky and happens to look down and see a hot Princess. After watching her for a while, he sees her get kidnapped by the bad guys and he's like "OMG! No you din'nt!" and jumps off the cliff to save her.

Ok, sorry, starting to get a little loopy here, but it might be plausible. If it's really the first Zelda game in the timeline like some people are saying, one would think it would have something to do with our favorite princess. I know Link likes a good adventure, but I think he'd need a pretty good reason to go skydiving.

Her being the title character, as you should know, really doesn't mean she's in the game. There have been games that Zelda isn't in or even mentioned at all. In Link's Awakening, the only mention of Zelda is from Link mistaking Marin for Zelda in the first minute of the game. That being said, I don't really see Zelda in this title. I'm mostly just hoping, but come on, she needs a break. I think Zelda sort of takes away from the story, makes it bland and predictable, anyway.

Oh, and people aren't really asking questions about the story of the game as Nintendo's sort of dismissing it right now. They really care about the new controls and other new aspects in the game for now. I'm sure in a month or two, people will understand it fully and begin to branch out their questions.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
As long as they don't make her Link's companion again, spirit or otherwise, then I really don't care what they do with her. I'm sure they'll find a way to incorporate her without it being too cliché.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Her being the title character, as you should know, really doesn't mean she's in the game. There have been games that Zelda isn't in or even mentioned at all. In Link's Awakening, the only mention of Zelda is from Link mistaking Marin for Zelda in the first minute of the game. That being said, I don't really see Zelda in this title. I'm mostly just hoping, but come on, she needs a break. I think Zelda sort of takes away from the story, makes it bland and predictable, anyway.

Whaaaaaaaaa??

No way man. Zelda should be in this game. I would be very surprised if she is not. For one thing, she is a major icon for the company, I would think the would want to keep her around just for the brand.

Also, now she was not in LA or MM, but those are not really MOJOR Zelda titles...they are both sort of side games.

She will be in it. I doubt it will be predictable either. I don't think Zelda as Sheik or Tetra was predictable at all, BTW. That was a very creative way to work her into the games. Also, after they gave her so much personality in ST, it would be dumb to drop her now...she's just getting interesting.

Here is what I would like to see: Zelda the WARRIOR. I image her being down in the lower world, beneath the clouds, trying to defend her world in peril, marshaling armies to save Hyrule...but she just does not have the power. Link comes to help her in her battle, she sends him off, aided with her ancient wisdom and knowledge of the land, to seek the shards of the triforce...something like that...

I think that because the game is intended to be an origin story. I think that Zelda will be included in this. She would of course, be an important part of the origin of the series. What her role in the game is, I can not say, since they did not talk about her at all! :( I would be interested in seeing whether she has a major or minor role in the actual game and gameplay.

I think that because the game is intended to be an origin story. I think that Zelda will be included in this. She would of course, be an important part of the origin of the series. What her role in the game is, I can not say, since they did not talk about her at all! :( I would be interested in seeing whether she has a major or minor role in the actual game and gameplay.
I wouldn't be so sure. It's within the story of AoL that it explains why all the princesses are always named Zelda. Since most would place that early in the timeline, and this has been confirmed as an origin story (at least to some degree), it's hard to say.

I do kind of think we'll see her, though. I have no inclination as to how. This E3 thing was all about the gameplay. We only got a little of story stuff from statements in an interview. I wouldn't expect to have much confirmation or new info to go on for a little while.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's within the story of AoL that it explains why all the princesses are always named Zelda. Since most would place that early in the timeline, and this has been confirmed as an origin story (at least to some degree), it's hard to say.

I do kind of think we'll see her, though. I have no inclination as to how. This E3 thing was all about the gameplay. We only got a little of story stuff from statements in an interview. I wouldn't expect to have much confirmation or new info to go on for a little while.

Yeah, they have the origin stories in AoL, but they have origin stories for many things in all games. So I think this will tie into that as well. Though it is just as likely she wont be in it. :/

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Remember this is Hyrule. Look at the E3 announcement for Twilight Princess. No Zelda. But look what happened.

I would be quite surprised if Zelda wasn't in it. I'm pretty sure they did say that this game is in Hyrule, and as far as I can remember, all of the games that take place in Hyrule have Zelda. Heck, even the ones that don't take place there give Zelda a cameo at the very least. Also, LA and MM, where Zelda wasn't really present, were sequels to other games (ALttP and OoT, respectively), and this game is in a totally new era. To me it seems very likely that she'll be a main character.

As for her making the story predictable, well, in some respects that's true. If Zelda's in it as a main character, Link always has to end up saving her in some way or form, which sort of ties things down a little bit. In games like LA and MM, where he was trying to save the entire land, the story seemed a bit more open, like almost anything could happen.
Even so, they have found quite imaginative ways to incorporate plot twists around Zelda throughout the series. I wouldn't mind if she was in this one.

Hmm... Maybe she's the very thing that gets the ball rolling? I can see it now... Link is chilling out in the sky and happens to look down and see a hot Princess. After watching her for a while, he sees her get kidnapped by the bad guys and he's like "OMG! No you din'nt!" and jumps off the cliff to save her.

Ok, sorry, starting to get a little loopy here, but it might be plausible. If it's really the first Zelda game in the timeline like some people are saying, one would think it would have something to do with our favorite princess. I know Link likes a good adventure, but I think he'd need a pretty good reason to go skydiving.

Didn't they say something about Link not even knowing about Hyrule in the first place? If that's the case, he probably can't see Hyrule from Sky Loft, at least not most of the time. Also, I kind of imagine that either the Goddesses or Zordiana will be the reason for his departing to Hyrule. Of course, it very well could be Zelda's doing somehow: we'll just have to wait and see.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I Like. Zelda the strong and determined rebel, with Link as the chosen one (or some **** like that) who shall descend from the heavens and lift the veil of darkness from Hyrule, using the Skyward/Master sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom