• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Where is your hype level for Link's Awakening on Switch?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Nope; No I Couldn't; for 3 reasons

1st. This takes place BEFORE the 10,000 timeskip from OOT to BOTW & BOTW 2
2nd. It wouldn't make sense[guardians didn't EXIST yet]
3rd. I Like what they've done here instead. . .
that's why it's a cameo, it doesn't need to make much sense to begin w/; also link's awakening's entire THEME is not making sense, the fact that the shopkeeper even has laser powers makes no sense, no one who flip over if his laser just happened to resemble a guardian's

that's why it's a cameo, it doesn't need to make much sense to begin w/; also link's awakening's entire THEME is not making sense, the fact that the shopkeeper even has laser powers makes no sense, no one who flip over if his laser just happened to resemble a guardian's
But It doesn't; and I Don't mind it. . .

I'll certainly get the game as I did like Link's Awakening on the GB and GBC. Not my favourite Zelda game ever but it is fun and one of the better 2D Zelda games. I'm not super hyped for it but I know I'll have fun with it.

I know Link's Awakening is a failed ALTTP sequel and a LoZ / Super Mario crossover. The game has a real identity crisis. I think that's where it's charm is. It's a very messed up but in a cute way.

Night Owl

~Momentai
My hype level is around a 6 still. The art style has grown on me now that I've seen new footage; but I'm disappointed in the dungeon editor. I feel like they took an idea with potential, and implemented it in a way to make people dislike it. No online sharing(really), no free form room/chest editing(more understandable), no unique rooms that aren't in existing dungeons. It feels like they want something to point at when people ask for Zelda Maker in the future.

My other major gripe is the removal of the Camera Mouse. I loved the photo hunt, and some of the photos were hilarious.

Despite my gripes, I'm looking forward to playing one of my favorite games fresh and anew.

Hype has shot past a 10 this morning when I read some of the reviews and I have beaten the original and DX version probably over 20 times so I can say I know Koholint Island inside out.

But back to the reason why I'm excited: some reviews mention that the number of secret seashells has about doubled!

Other reasons:

I'm planning on getting the amiibo for this game which would be my very first amiibo so I can play against Dark Link.

And I get to play this game on my big 4K television. I have played LA-DX on the Gameboy Player on the GameCube but this is going to go over the top.

It seems like there might be mixed reviews of the dungeon maker but I don't care since I'll be using that anyway.

And one last thing, who would love to not have to constantly re-map the buttons in LA?

Quin

Disaster Master
It was low to begin with, but it went straight to zero after waking from the bed and finding out I can't use the d-pad to move in a game that only goes 8 directions, what were they thinking?
That, and the gamebreaking framedrops (I don't say that lightly, it really is that bad)
I can't believe revieuwers saying that this is the definite way to play Links Awakening. Guess the pay out was pretty big

It was low to begin with, but it went straight to zero after waking from the bed and finding out I can't use the d-pad to move in a game that only goes 8 directions, what were they thinking?
That, and the gamebreaking framedrops (I don't say that lightly, it really is that bad)
I can't believe revieuwers saying that this is the definite way to play Links Awakening. Guess the pay out was pretty big

The framerate issues is not gamebreaking. It's a little annoying but it's obvious this game was made to really push the Switch's capabilities. I think Nintendo could potentially send out a patch to fix that issue and the game will be perfect.

If you used 1993's $30-35 price tag for the original and included inflation, that comes to $55-62 in today's money so complaining about the price is useless in this situation.

H

haiden

I'm around 4, cause I began recently only, but I hope I'll go further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom