• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Where is your hype level for Link's Awakening on Switch?

My Hype is VERY High; Especially since they confirmed that the Ability to Steal from the Shopkeep like in the original & DX Version of this game is back;

I'm Eagerly awaiting finding out how the Angry Shopkeeper's Laser Beam of Death attack looks in THIS version of the game. . .

not particularly hyped for this as it is a game that i have played before, and also (few) extra new things not doing it for me, the prices they ask for it? (frequently full price as it were a completely new game), money would be no problem but it is the principle that counts

i do not see much value for myself in re-releases of games (in or of any kind) unless i have not played the original or any earlier installment after that

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
It still looks cooler than it did on the Gameboy & GBC. . . He Even casts it like some kind of spell. . .

Oh, come on... Couldn't you see it as a Guardian laser? It would make a nice cameo in a game that, if faithful to the original, is already full of cameos.

Oh, come on... Couldn't you see it as a Guardian laser? It would make a nice cameo in a game that, if faithful to the original, is already full of cameos.
Nope; No I Couldn't; for 3 reasons

1st. This takes place BEFORE the 10,000 timeskip from OOT to BOTW & BOTW 2
2nd. It wouldn't make sense[guardians didn't EXIST yet]
3rd. I Like what they've done here instead. . .

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Nope; No I Couldn't; for 3 reasons

1st. This takes place BEFORE the 10,000 timeskip from OOT to BOTW & BOTW 2
2nd. It wouldn't make sense[guardians didn't EXIST yet]
3rd. I Like what they've done here instead. . .

The 1st is inaccurate; the time skip mentioned in BotW was not from OoT, as BotW itself mentions the Guardians existed prior to the time skip. This game is part of the Downfall timeline and taking place centuries after OoT (it's the same Link as ALttP and ALBW).

The 2nd point is irrelevant; this also has a Yoshi doll and Yoshi has never existed within the LoZ setting. And it's a dream. A certain amount of not making any sense is expected, and if I remember the original accurately it actually didn't fully make sense.

The 3rd is just not bothering to imagine it and see the true glory :P

I haven't actually played the original, so the question for me becomes...

What is your hype level for playing a new LoZ game with an added dungeon creator tool?

And the answer is I can't count that high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom