• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Where is the Snow ?

S

Sagnelli04

I love Snow Covered Areas on Zelda games because they're the best dungeons...

that actually bugged me. there were two really dry areas, but no snowy one. i think they just should have had a completely different area for the snow though, not add it to Eldin

I like ice themed dungeons(like the TP one) ,the view would be fanteastic and the ice themed dungeons are easier than water themed dungeons=D

If they did have a snow region it should have been on its own and have a 4th tablet. But, then it would ruin the theme of 3. I think the way they did it was perfect. Or maybe they could have involved the fire dragon more and made his part of the song available after getting rid of the snow in his area and making him come out of "hibernation."

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
A snow region on a valcano? Right....

It would be difficult to find a good place for it but if you could find somewhere, it would be a nice addition. The two things that I disliked about SS were the lack of NPC characters/villages and the lack of a snow/ice region. A snow temple would be awesome, how would it fit into the impressionist style of SS?

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would have loved it, and Axle the beast made a video about that as one of the missed opportunities in skyward sword and I agree that a snow/ice dungeon would be awesome in SS.

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
I loved the Snowpeak in TP, I spend a lot of time wandering around in the woods as a wolf, and I think that wouldve been an excellent addition to SS! But then again, with the addition of Skyloft, the Sky, and the Thunderhead it might have seemed overboard since there's so much running around in Skyward Sword, the constantly returning to the regions and going back to the sky.... Throwing in another addition to a region might've frustrated some people. In my opinion, they couldve replaced the Ancient Cistern with a snow dungeon. I didn't like it at all.

Thinking about the Eldin Volcano logically, it resides in a fire area and is in the Eldin area. Eldin Province in Twilight Princess houses Death Mountain, which is the very same that we see in Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure if this theory has been disproved yet, but as I see it, the top-center location of Eldin Volcano in SS doesn't quite match up with the location of Peak Province in Twilight Princess (which is far off to the left). Taking into account the short period of time between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess in the timeline, it's very difficult to believe that a fire-based section of Hyrule can be covered in snow.

What "short period of time?" It is completely conceivable that Ocarina of Time takes place millennia after Skyward Sword, and it is generally believed that Twilight Princess takes place at least a good couple hundred years after that. So, going by that, we have at least 1,200 years between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. I don't know about you, but that seems like a perfectly good amount of time to have a snowy mountain develop, especially if Eldin Volcano goes dormant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom