• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where is Kokiri Forest In Twilight Princess?

Dunno what the sealed grounds has to do with anything, but that's pretty much all I take away from SS's contribution to series lore anyway.
Hyrule Historia said:
It is thought that Rauru built the Temple of Time directly over the ruins of the Sealed Temple.
Both the Sealed Temple and the TP ToT were located within Faron Woods, the Sealed Temple was the original resting place of the Master Sword, and the Sealed Grounds may well have become the Sacred Grove.

At the bottom of page 117 in Hyrule Historia:
Traces of the era of the Hero of Time
The Goron tribe and the Zora tribe continue to be prosperous during this era. The Kokiri tribe does not make an appearance; all that remains of them is their tribes's symbol in the Forest Temple.
The Temple of Time, home to the Master Sword's pedestal, has rotted away and lies in ruins within the forest.

There is a picture of the sacred grove from TP princess with the caption, The ruins of the Temple of Time.

So it seems fairly safe to say, along with other evidence I've mentioned, that the sacred grove of TP is the Temple of Time from OoT. It then follows that the dungeon full of light medallions that is accessed via a past version of the Temple of Time is indeed the Light Temple.

Also the claim that TP is 100 years after OoT may be false. I researched the source of this claim, which seems to be a translation of an interview given by Eiji Aonuma. On the same page as I found this, it says:
It should be noted that the section where Aonuma mentions that it takes place "a hundred and something years later" was erroneously translated. The original text said "百数年", which literally means "several hundred years", rather than "a hundred and something years".

The area probably is related to the Sealed Grounds, although the exact connection I'm not sure of. Being that the Sealed Grounds are where the Triforce falls from the heavens and where the gate of time stands, it would make sense if the sacred realm and Temple of Time end up being there.

Last edited:
At the bottom of page 117 in Hyrule Historia:

Traces of the era of the Hero of Time
The Goron tribe and the Zora tribe continue to be prosperous during this era. The Kokiri tribe does not make an appearance; all that remains of them is their tribes's symbol in the Forest Temple.
The Temple of Time, home to the Master Sword's pedestal, has rotted away and lies in ruins within the forest.

There is a picture of the sacred grove from TP princess with the caption, The ruins of the Temple of Time.

So it seems fairly safe to say, along with other evidence I've mentioned, that the sacred grove of TP is the Temple of Time from OoT. It then follows that the dungeon full of light medallions that is accessed via a past version of the Temple of Time is indeed the Light Temple.

Also the claim that TP is 100 years after OoT may be false. I researched the source of this claim, which seems to be a translation of an interview given by Eiji Aonuma. On the same page as I found this, it says:

It should be noted that the section where Aonuma mentions that it takes place "a hundred and something years later" was erroneously translated. The original text said "百数年", which literally means "several hundred years", rather than "a hundred and something years".

The area probably is related to the Sealed Grounds, although the exact connection I'm not sure of. Being that the Sealed Grounds are where the Triforce falls from the heavens and where the gate of time stands, it would make sense if the sacred realm and Temple of Time end up being there.

The Hyrule Historia is not without some implied assumptions... it's only based on what information they had at the time, and at the time they only had two ToT's confirmed, not three... they had not yet had both the ToT/pedestal in the forest and the Castle Town ToT in the same game... but they don't outright confirm otherwise... they've left it open for future clarification.
They also refer to the pedestal as 'the Master Sword's pedestal'... not the Pedestal of Time, as the pedestal in OoT is known... and the original Japanese actually puts the focus of that line on the Master Sword, rather than the temple (Japanese also doesn't differentiate between 'a' and 'the').

As for the timing of TP, I can't find the original Japanese interview, but based on the short quote they give, the original translation would be correct, as it directly translates to "a hundred and few years", a literal translation being "a hundred or so years"... in order for it to read "a few hundred years" the first two characters would need to be swapped.

I fail to see the advantages of theorizing an extra temple that is superficially very similar to the ToT, yet distinct, unless you are preserving some other theory that is much stronger and more compelling. I'm more than happy to hear such a theory, but for now, I'm ignorant of it. Please either describe this theory or link me to a description, rather than just making quick references to it. Otherwise, the theory that the TP Sacred Grove is the ruined Temple of Time is just much simpler and explains everything that needs to be explained without jumping through many of the hoops that the "other temple" theory has to. These hoops include:

- a mention in Hyrule Historia that it's the same temple
- artistic cues indicating the similarity such as note-for-note the same music and very similar layout and decor
- resting place of the master sword, which only Link can draw from the pedestal
- temple of light accessed via the master sword pedestal
- ruins near the Sacred Grove with landmarks from Castle Town in OoT

They also refer to the pedestal as 'the Master Sword's pedestal'... not the Pedestal of Time, as the pedestal in OoT is known... and the original Japanese actually puts the focus of that line on the Master Sword, rather than the temple (Japanese also doesn't differentiate between 'a' and 'the').

The caption is headed Traces of the Era of the Hero of Time, and refers to a Temple of Time which is the home of the Master Sword. They probably said "The temple of time, home of the master sword's pedestal" because it is less verbose and awkward than "The temple of time, home of the pedestal of time, which is where the master sword rests" and it is only a small caption. Regardless of whether it says the Temple of Time or a Temple of Time, it would be pointlessly misleading to refer only to duplicate versions of these landmarks which have the same name as those relevant to the heading of the caption. It would also be pointlessly misleading to say that it "has rotted away" if said rot didn't occur during the (arguably) 100 years between OoT and TP.

Hyrule Historia also has a caption in the OoT section about how the Temple of Time built by Rauru shares the same name as a place in the Lanayru desert in SS. This further suggests that they aren't trying to mislead people into conflating multiple buildings with the same name, but rather trying to avoid such confusion.

Last edited:
I fail to see the advantages of theorizing an extra temple that is superficially very similar to the ToT, yet distinct, unless you are preserving some other theory that is much stronger and more compelling. I'm more than happy to hear such a theory, but for now, I'm ignorant of it. Please either describe this theory or link me to a description, rather than just making quick references to it. Otherwise, the theory that the TP Sacred Grove is the ruined Temple of Time is just much simpler and explains everything that needs to be explained without jumping through many of the hoops that the "other temple" theory has to. These hoops include:

- a mention in Hyrule Historia that it's the same temple
- artistic cues indicating the similarity such as note-for-note the same music and very similar layout and decor
- resting place of the master sword, which only Link can draw from the pedestal
- temple of light accessed via the master sword pedestal
- ruins near the Sacred Grove with landmarks from Castle Town in OoT

The caption is headed Traces of the Era of the Hero of Time, and refers to a Temple of Time which is the home of the Master Sword. They probably said "The temple of time, home of the master sword's pedestal" because it is less verbose and awkward than "The temple of time, home of the pedestal of time, which is where the master sword rests" and it is only a small caption. Regardless of whether it says the Temple of Time or a Temple of Time, it would be pointlessly misleading to refer only to duplicate versions of these landmarks which have the same name as those relevant to the heading of the caption. It would also be pointlessly misleading to say that it "has rotted away" if said rot didn't occur during the (arguably) 100 years between OoT and TP.

Hyrule Historia also has a caption in the OoT section about how the Temple of Time built by Rauru shares the same name as a place in the Lanayru desert in SS. This further suggests that they aren't trying to mislead people into conflating multiple buildings with the same name, but rather trying to avoid such confusion.

The theory is that there have been a total of three Temples of Time that we know of...
The first, located in the Lanayru desert, has only been seen in Skyward Sword.
The second, built by Rauru over what remained of the Sealed Grounds in the Faron/Lost Woods, has only been seen in ruins in TP, and had decayed until little more than the Master Sword's pedestal remained by the time of ALttP/ALBW and BotW.
The third, likely also built by Rauru, except in Castle Town, contains the entrance to the Sacred Realm, and has only been seen intact in OoT, and in ruins in BotW.
The Master Sword's true resting place is within the Sealed Grounds, where the second ToT was built, and has only been stored elsewhere when it's evil sealing power was needed (either to keep evil out, as in OoT... or to keep evil in, as in WW).
Only the first and second temples have contained physical portals through which time travel was possible... the Door of Time in the third temple is just a magical defence, with the time travel in OoT being executed via the magic of the Sacred Realm.

As for your points not already covered...
Hyrule Historia does not say that the OoT and TP ToTs are the same temple... it does imply it, but does leave some uncertainty about it.
The music is irrelevant, as they are both Temples of time, and it is not uncommon for two similar locations to share the same song in the Zelda series.
Architecturally the two share nothing more that a building typology... their styles are actually quite different (I have a Master's degree in architecture, so know quite a bit about that sort of thing).
There is no Temple of Light in TP, only a hidden dungeon area of the ToT.
There are no ruins that resemble Castle Town in TP... the only ruins around the Temple of Time are completely different in terms of size, shape and position.

And I probably didn't explain properly when I said that the original Japanese text places the Master Sword as the focus of that line in Hyrule Historia, but with the focus on the Master Sword, it seems that there are only confirming that it is the same sword as the one from OoT, with the mention of a/the Temple of Time just being part of the description of it's location... so the temple isn't necessarily relevant to the era of the Hero of Time.

A simpler theory that better fits the evidence would be:

-The first Temple of Time is the one in the Lanayru desert in Skyward Sword. It contains one of two existing gates of time: the only one still working at the time.
-The second Temple of Time is the one built by Rauru over the sealed temple. The sealed temple contains the other gate of time: the only one still working at the time.
-The first temple never appears again after SS, and it's gate of time was destroyed in SS.
-The second temple is the one you see everywhere else.
-The master sword remains in the Temple of Time after OoT, until the next time it is touched by Link in the child or downfall timelines.

I'm going to use some unofficial translations of the Japanese Hyrule Historia as I outline the evidence for the important parts of this theory. This is partly because I can copy-paste them and partly because the ambiguity of the Japanese writing is in dispute, and these translations offer a second interpretation. They are from www.hyrulehistoria.com

Is the Temple of Time in OoT the same as the one built on the Sealed Grounds?

From page 77:
Temple of Time
The only entrance to the Temple of Light in the Sacred Realm. Though it bears the same name as the temple that stood in the desert in ancient times, the Temple of Time constructed by Rauru is thought to be located where the Sealed Temple once stood.

-there is a picture showing the Temple of Time from OoT

The Battle for the Sacred Realm
The Sage of Light, Rauru, constructed the Temple of Time around the only entrance to the Sacred Realm which housed the Triforce. The Sacred Realm was sealed with the Master Sword, along with the ability to pass through time. The Master Sword’s pedestal was closed off behind the Door of Time and three sacred stones acted as keys, which were guarded by the trusted people of the forest, the people of water, and the people of fire.

Yes it leaves it somewhat open; but do you really think they mean to distinguish between temples 1 and 2 while conflating temples 2 and 3 in the same sentence? Why? Without a doubt the simplest interpretation is that they are the same place.

Is the Sacred Grove in TP the same place also, but rotted away?

From page 110, regarding the end of OoT:
The Hero’s Return
The place where Link returned was the Temple of Time. The Master Sword remained stuck before the time the Sacred Realm was opened. His friend Navi disappeared into the sky, and Link walked into the new history.

From page 117:
Traces of the Era of the Hero of Time
The Goron and Zora tribes are still alive and well in this era, but the only traces of the Kokiri tribe are a few markings left in the Forest Temple.

The Master Sword remains in its pedestal within the ruins of the Temple of Time, which have been overgrown by forest.

-there is a caption showing the Sacred Grove from TP which reads: Temple of Time

As for the appearance of the respective temples, I'll link this and this so anyone can check it out themselves. You don't expect or want the same area to look precisely the same across games, and these two temples are well within the leeway given by artistic license, among other things. They also more similar to each other than they are to the one in BotW. The music is exactly the same.

The ruins of castle town in TP's sacred grove: this video

Again, to interpret this evidence with your theory is to think that HH and the game are trying hard to confuse you about the difference between 2 and 3.

What about Breath of the Wild's Temple of Time?

If any of the representations are unclear, it's this one. We know little about BotW, anyway. But the game takes place thousands of years after TP, and there is evidence that the temple seen in the game was used fairly recently. Parts of it show exposed wood, and the floorplan lacks important features like a separate chamber for the Master Sword. This was likely rebuilt in its old location after its original purpose was forgotten.

Last edited:
You're just repeating mostly of the same arguments you've already used and I've already explained.

You're basically accepting that the clearing where the Master Sword is found in BotW is a former ToT... there's also the one on the Great Plateau, and neither match the one in the desert... this essentially confirms the three temple theory.
So you're just arguing which temple is which.
The TP ToT is substantially different from the OoT ToT architecturally... regardless of artistic representation, anyone a reasonable amount of architectural knowledge would tell you that they are completely different buildings.
The BotW ToT, on the other hand, bears a strong architectural resemblance to that of OoT... admittedly there are some differences, but unlike the TP ToT, this can be put down to artistic representation and renovation over the years... the base building is almost identical... and the use of wood in damaged sections proves that they were taking architectural knowledge into consideration, as that is exactly how it would have been constructed... a stone vaulted ceiling under a timber roof.
And if you want to continue to use music to support your arguments, then take a listen to the music played at the ToT in BotW... it's a slowed down version of the Song of Time, proving that argument to be irrelevant.
As for the surrounding ruins... it's nonsense to say those in TP are the Castle Town from OoT... the structure that vaguely resembles a fountain is weak evidence at best... it's enclosed within a circular structure, which looks more like it was inside a building, not in a town square... the ruins around the ToT in BotW are a far better match, as it clearly features a fountain in the centre of a town square.

You're just repeating mostly of the same arguments you've already used and I've already explained.
I repeated a lot of Hyrule Historia quotes because your objections to them were flimsy at best. I repeated the observations about art style because you are holding that particular comparison to an unreasonable standard. I'm also summarizing a lot of evidence because when debating two theories the preponderance of evidence is important. As far as I can tell the only positive evidence you have is from BotW, and it's not very strong. Otherwise you have just been trying to dismiss my evidence.
You're basically accepting that the clearing where the Master Sword is found in BotW is a former ToT... there's also the one on the Great Plateau, and neither match the one in the desert... this essentially confirms the three temple theory.
I'm doing nothing of the sort. There are no ruins in the clearing where you find the Master Sword. With all the nitpicks you've made about similar temples, now any forest you find the Master Sword in is the same place?

BotW is the most uncertain title in the series and the least wise to base theories on, but here we go. There is still only one ToT and one sword pedestal in that game. The royal family is not just guarding the Master Sword as they have in other games; they are in full possession of it and allowing knights to wield it if they can. If the Sword pedestal can be moved at all, this is by far the most likely time for it to have been moved. When a small object that's missing from a building is found in another area we don't have to assume that there are actually two of each.

The TP ToT is substantially different from the OoT ToT architecturally... regardless of artistic representation, anyone a reasonable amount of architectural knowledge would tell you that they are completely different buildings.
And any layperson would tell you it's pretty damn close.
The BotW ToT, on the other hand, bears a strong architectural resemblance to that of OoT... admittedly there are some differences, but unlike the TP ToT, this can be put down to artistic representation and renovation over the years... the base building is almost identical... and the use of wood in damaged sections proves that they were taking architectural knowledge into consideration, as that is exactly how it would have been constructed... a stone vaulted ceiling under a timber roof.
You're drawing a funny line between architectual differences and artistic ones in a video game. But if we're mentioning renovation over the years then we're not caring about the fact that it used be more ruined than it currently is.

I mentioned wood because it would rot in thousands of years, indicating the structure was in good condition not that long ago.
And if you want to continue to use music to support your arguments, then take a listen to the music played at the ToT in BotW... it's a slowed down version of the Song of Time, proving that argument to be irrelevant.
All three places share the same theme. Except it's exactly the same music when it's in the same state of repair, and only an echo of its former self when the temple is only an echo of its former self. At any rate, music is just the greatest of the many similarities that I was pointing out.
As for the surrounding ruins... it's nonsense to say those in TP are the Castle Town from OoT... the structure that vaguely resembles a fountain is weak evidence at best... it's enclosed within a circular structure, which looks more like it was inside a building, not in a town square... the ruins around the ToT in BotW are a far better match, as it clearly features a fountain in the centre of a town square.
The only circular structure would be the pool of water, and the area around that is decidely square. The one in BotW has no town square around it. There is room for one perhaps, but all you actually see are staircases and temples. The buildings between the fountain and the ToT are temples to the creation goddesses. I honestly think both are supposed to be the old town square as the hints would imply, but the distinction you are trying to make is not supported.

Last edited:
I'm doing nothing of the sort. There are no ruins in the clearing where you find the Master Sword. With all the nitpicks you've made about similar temples, now any forest you find the Master Sword in is the same place?
You're the one using the Master Sword being stored in the ToT as part of your argument, which implied that you acknowledge that it was a former ToT.
And I'm not saying its just any forest... I'm saying it's the same forest... the exact same place as the Master Sword was found in during ALttP and ALBW, which has been confirmed to have once been a temple.

BotW is the most uncertain title in the series and the least wise to base theories on, but here we go. There is still only one ToT and one sword pedestal in that game. The royal family is not just guarding the Master Sword as they have in other games; they are in full possession of it and allowing knights to wield it if they can. If the Sword pedestal can be moved at all, this is by far the most likely time for it to have been moved. When a small object that's missing from a building is found in another area we don't have to assume that there are actually two of each.
The theory hasn't been based on BotW... it's been about for years... BotW just provided solid evidence to support it.
I don't know where that nonsense about the royal family guarding the Master Sword came from... they know about it, but Link is the only one who wields it, and it is implied that he had to retrieve it from the pedestal in the forest in order to do so.
It has only been found within close proximity of the royal family on three occasions... SS (technically the Goddess sword, and the royal family hadn't been established), OoT and WW (both of which had it being used to seal something away)... pretty much every other appearance (four to be precise) has seen it having been left in the forest.
It's also worth pointing out that only the pedestal in OoT is referred to as the Pedestal of Time... every other appearance refers to it as either the Master Sword's Pedestal, or just a pedestal... so there's no reason to think it is always the same pedestal.
Also, where it is found in BotW bears a strong resemblance to where it is found in ALttP and ALBW, which has been confirmed to be the remains of a temple.

And any layperson would tell you it's pretty damn close.
Which just means any layperson would be wrong.

You're drawing a funny line between architectual differences and artistic ones in a video game. But if we're mentioning renovation over the years then we're not caring about the fact that it used be more ruined than it currently is.
You clearly don't understand the difference between architectural differences and artistic representation... the former is fixed, the latter can vary.
Only your theory would mean it had been more ruined in the past than it currently is, and what we're seeing it not consistent with the reconstruction that would have been needed... the three ToT theory would make it a progressive decay over time, with only a reasonable amount of renovation, which would be expected.

I mentioned wood because it would rot in thousands of years, indicating the structure was in good condition not that long ago.
The BotW ToT appears to have been in use until the time of the calamity 100 years before BotW... I'm not denying that... nor does it conflict with anything I've said. But for the record, wood is actually capable of surviving for centuries given the right conditions.

All three places share the same theme. Except it's exactly the same music when it's in the same state of repair, and only an echo of its former self when the temple is only an echo of its former self. At any rate, music is just the greatest of the many similarities that I was pointing out.
So why does the TP ToT not feature an 'echo' variation of the theme when it is in it's decaying state? It's actually not referred to as the ToT in the present of TP at all... the name only appears when you go to the past. This would imply that it was no longer the ToT by the time of TP.
And if you're so fixated on places sharing the same theme having to be the exact same place, then how would you explain the fact that the Sacred Grove shares the same theme as the Lost Woods?

The only circular structure would be the pool of water, and the area around that is decidely square. The one in BotW has no town square around it. There is room for one perhaps, but all you actually see are staircases and temples. The buildings between the fountain and the ToT are temples to the creation goddesses. I honestly think both are supposed to be the old town square as the hints would imply, but the distinction you are trying to make is not supported.
I'm talking about the circular stone wall that surrounds the area the fountain-esque structure is in... it's not an open square, it's an enclosed space... not a town square.
But it clearly is a town square in BotW... most of the buildings have been destroyed, and it's been scaled up from its OoT appearance, but it is still quite clear to see that it is a town square.

You're the one using the Master Sword being stored in the ToT as part of your argument, which implied that you acknowledge that it was a former ToT.
I argued that OoT Link left the sword in the temple and thus TP Link should find it there, too. The same could probably be said of SS Link to OoT Link. We don't know what TP Link does with the master sword, so naturally we aren't expecting to find it in a specific place anymore.
And I'm not saying its just any forest... I'm saying it's the same forest... the exact same place as the Master Sword was found in during ALttP and ALBW, which has been confirmed to have once been a temple.
You are indeed saying it's the same forest. And then you cite other games where the master sword appears in the forest. Forests which Hyrule Historia tells us used to be a temple. And you connect BotW's Korok forest to the forests from those other games because...they are also forests which contain the master sword.

So you are saying that if the master sword appears on two occasions in a forest, it is the same forest. But if the master sword appears on two occasions in a temple, with essentially the same floor plan and important landmarks? Well, if the architectural styles are merely similar, but not identical, they are most certainly different temples! ...by that logic we would need to consult an ecologist about whether these forests are the same. After all, any aesthetic similarities are irrelevant if the tree species are different.
You clearly don't understand the difference between architectural differences and artistic representation... the former is fixed, the latter can vary.
Fixed, as in canon? No, there is no special distinction that makes "architectural style" a matter of canon when other differences are merely "artistic representation". Unless there is, say, a canon blueprint, all of the aesthetic qualities are part of the art and are subject to artistic license. Artistic license being that the artist can change around certain details so long as the general effect stays the same. Which is why it's way more productive to analyse the general effect (subjective as it is) than whipping out your college degree to pick apart the details.

Hopefully we can just agree that those two temples are similar enough to possibly be same but not similar enough to definitely be the same.
So why does the TP ToT not feature an 'echo' variation of the theme when it is in it's decaying state?
Are you telling the Zelda devs how to foreshadow their cool plot twists? Or are you doubting that the temple is in fact a past version of the Sacred Grove?
It's actually not referred to as the ToT in the present of TP at all... the name only appears when you go to the past. This would imply that it was no longer the ToT by the time of TP.
It's not like they called it the Lanayru Mining Facility, they're pretty clear on the fact that it used to be a temple. Then there's what it says in Hyrule Historia...

I'm gonna put this topic to rest. Sorry OP for hijacking the thread.

Last edited:
You are indeed saying it's the same forest. And then you cite other games where the master sword appears in the forest. Forests which Hyrule Historia tells us used to be a temple. And you connect BotW's Korok forest to the forests from those other games because...they are also forests which contain the master sword.
In SS the Sealed Grounds are within Faron Woods (implied by BotW to have been in the North of Hyrule at the time of SS... possibly covering a far greater area, which has since been separated into smaller forests).
In TP you reach the ToT through the Sacred Grove in Faron Woods, which features the Lost Woods theme, implying it to be part of the Lost Woods (which we know from OoT has 'portals' to other parts of Hyrule, explaining the discrepancy in location).
In ALttP and ALBW it is found in a clearing you reach through the Lost Woods.
In BotW it's in the Korok Forest, which is again accessed through the Lost Woods.

So you are saying that if the master sword appears on two occasions in a forest, it is the same forest. But if the master sword appears on two occasions in a temple, with essentially the same floor plan and important landmarks? Well, if the architectural styles are merely similar, but not identical, they are most certainly different temples! ...by that logic we would need to consult an ecologist about whether these forests are the same. After all, any aesthetic similarities are irrelevant if the tree species are different.
As you mentioned... Hyrule Historia confirms the clearing in the forest to have once been a temple as well, plus SS makes six appearances where it has appeared in a temple.
The forest itself is more open to artistic interpretation seeing as it serves more as background than anything, which would also make identification of the exact species difficult.

Fixed, as in canon? No, there is no special distinction that makes "architectural style" a matter of canon when other differences are merely "artistic representation". Unless there is, say, a canon blueprint, all of the aesthetic qualities are part of the art and are subject to artistic license. Artistic license being that the artist can change around certain details so long as the general effect stays the same. Which is why it's way more productive to analyse the general effect (subjective as it is) than whipping out your college degree to pick apart the details.
The ToT in BotW not only shares the same typology as the OoT, but also the same architectural style, so the developers are clearly taking this into consideration, while still allowing for some artistic interpretation.
The differences between these and the TP ToT are far too great to simply be artistic interpretation.

Hopefully we can just agree that those two temples are similar enough to possibly be same but not similar enough to definitely be the same.
I'm not saying it's definite, just a theory, but the evidence does support it.

Are you telling the Zelda devs how to foreshadow their cool plot twists? Or are you doubting that the temple is in fact a past version of the Sacred Grove?
I'm saying that the assumption about which ToT was built over the Sacred Grove is wrong... there was no foreshadowing, if anything they have just used the pre-existing three temple theory accommodate the inconsistencies of past games by featuring two ToTs in the same game.

It's not like they called it the Lanayru Mining Facility, they're pretty clear on the fact that it used to be a temple. Then there's what it says in Hyrule Historia...
It's still inconsistent with what you're saying as it is lacking the ToT name and theme in it's ruined state, despite the ToT in BotW retaining both of these in it's ruined state. This would actually be consistent with the Temple of Time name and theme having been passed on to a newer ToT by the time of TP... specifically the third ToT in Castle Town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom