• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where is Ghirahim???

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
How about this:
Fi has a crush on him due to which she rescued him without the knowledge of Link.
He's now gonna make his comeback at Botw 2 ! HALLELUJAH :P:P:P

While this was already mentioned, I do think he is the Trident that was in the Pyramid in FSA that allowed Ganon to become the King of Darkness. It’s stated to be a “tool used by an ancient demon,” and, considering the similarity between its design and the rapiers (or Demon Tribe Sword if one would like to go by HW) Ghirahim uses, I believe an argument could be made they’re one in the same.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
While this was already mentioned, I do think this is the Trident that was in the Pyramid in FSA that allowed Ganon to become the King of Darkness. It’s stated to be a “tool used by an ancient demon,” and, considering the similarity between its design and the rapiers (or Demon Tribe Sword if one would like to go by HW) Ghirahim uses, I believe an argument could be made they’re one in the same.

Aside from the fact we see Ghirahim turn into a sword and then we literally see the sword disintegrate when Demise is defeated.
The Trident from the FSA Pyramid......honestly i don't see how it could've lasted that length of time without severe degradation, but then in the Pyramid away from air currents it might've only rusted a bit. I don't really see the design similarity.

{Edit - This bit comes after seeing @CraftyLuminaryObject post}

You literally see Ghirahim-as-sword disintegrate or dissolve.

Aside from the fact we see Ghirahim turn into a sword and then we literally see the sword disintegrate when Demise is defeated.
Why are you assuming he’s disintegrating? Just because Demise got his ass kicked doesn’t mean Ghirahim is automatically felled with him. We see Link get his ass kicked numerous times in Skyward Sword and in his death animation the Master Sword doesn’t verp out of existence. I don’t see why Demise’s blade would when the Master Sword wouldn’t considering they’re direct parallels.
The Trident from the FSA Pyramid......honestly i don't see how it could've lasted that length of time without severe degradation, but then in the Pyramid away from air currents it might've only rusted a bit.
This seems like a weak point considering we see stuff like wooden bows and other non magical artifacts in dank, musty temples for who knows how long and they’re in perfectly fine condition. The Hero’s Bows in MM, WW and TP are excellent examples, submerged in salt water or swamp water for hundreds of years(in the case of WW), in the heart of a volcano for decades, etc etc. I think a magical artifact in an enclosed location would be able to survive.

I don’t really see the design similarity.
4ADF1B9C-EA23-4F40-BDDA-1CFBA4C8C4F0.png630759BC-DFFF-4098-9B73-2094CCD276F7.png
Red gemstone, black slender build. I’d say more except there really isn’t much more to say.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Red gemstone, black slender build. I’d say more except there really isn’t much more to say.
You know the Kokiri sword also has a red gem.
120px-OoT_Kokiri_Sword_Artwork.png

There's hardly any detail to really make a comparison beyond black slender and red gem

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Why are you assuming he’s disintegrating? Just because Demise got his ass kicked doesn’t mean Ghirahim is automatically felled with him. We see Link get his ass kicked numerous times in Skyward Sword and in his death animation the Master Sword doesn’t verp out of existence. I don’t see why Demise’s blade would when the Master Sword wouldn’t considering they’re direct parallels.

This seems like a weak point considering we see stuff like wooden bows and other non magical artifacts in dank, musty temples for who knows how long and they’re in perfectly fine condition. The Hero’s Bows in MM, WW and TP are excellent examples, submerged in salt water or swamp water for hundreds of years(in the case of WW), in the heart of a volcano for decades, etc etc. I think a magical artifact in an enclosed location would be able to survive.

View attachment 40437View attachment 40436
In my prior post i edited it to show the ending of the Demise battle where he's defeated, you literally see the sword disintergrate or whatever it's called.

The trident doesn't overly match the swords build but then this is zelda so kinda have to make allowances for artstyles.
The issues i have really is the Demon sword doesn't have the aura nor.........."menace" oft he trident, it's a utilitarian blade it's there for cutting not for fanciness, the trident is more Ornate a rulers weapon as it were and so it's built like that, not to mention FSA Trident could be thrown about and the sword "can't" then again with Ghirahim he could probs throw a sword. I do get where yer coming from though. you could easily see these as being built by the same beings.

The fact that in the child line we don't actually see any hint of the trident until FSA kinda lends credence to the trident coming from the demon tribe.

As for what i meant by the weapon possibly not lasting long, we do indeed see stuff like wooden bows survive in less than ideal conditions, i was more making the point of Time being a factor over the element, but i probs didn't say it right..i rarely do ^^. but in either case you are right on the score of a magical artifcat probably lasting far longer in somewhere like the pyramid.

There's hardly any detail to really make a comparison beyond black slender and red gem

Visually speaking i can understand where T&N is coming from, but weapons wise i really don't think they were forged by the same tribe. the Sword in particular was a conjured weapon by Ghirahim.......a sword that summoned a sword.

But you understand how this is different, right? By this logic we can’t make any comparisons because if we get vague enough we can make strawmen arguments like “Oh, you’re comparing their designs? Well guess what, the Four Sword and the Master Sword both have blades. I guess they’re the same now too?” Obviously black, red gem and slender isn’t conclusive evidence that confirms everything I said, which is why i said it’s something that could be argued.

In my prior post i edited it to show the ending of the Demise battle where he's defeated, you literally see the sword disintergrate or whatever it's called.

Right, and I understand the possibility he was simply eradicated from existence, but I don’t think there’s enough evidence one way or another to say this is exactly what happened. We know Ghirahim is capable of teleporting/making items appear and disappear at will (which he has multiple animations for). We also know that, while the sword spirits exist inside the two blades, when the sword spirit is dormant/defeated/etc, they just become regular blades, like the Master Sword in most entries for example (not to say the Master Sword is the same as the Kokiri Sword or something; it’s still the Blade of Evil’s Bane, just no sword spirit is active). There’s really no reason for Ghirahim to randomly disintegrate, especially since Demise wasn’t even dead; I’d argue if Link just left him like he did without absorbing him into the Master Sword, he’d most likely still survive.

The issues i have really is the Demon sword doesn't have the aura nor.........."menace" oft he trident, it's a utilitarian blade it's there for cutting not for fanciness, the trident is more Ornate a rulers weapon as it were and so it's built like that, not to mention FSA Trident could be thrown about and the sword "can't" then again with Ghirahim he could probs throw a sword. I do get where yer coming from though. you could easily see these as being built by the same beings.
I can understand this point but I think this one comes down to personal interpretation. The Trident of FSA doesn't really look ornate at all to me; the only thing I think that’s ornate about it is the red gemstone. In terms of the aura, I can understand that point, and I think it’s probably because Ghirahim isn’t an actual Demon King or a King of Darkness. We see the aura of the Anti/Dark/etc etc Master Sword in SS when Demise uses it, and the aura of the Trident when Ganon uses it.
The fact that in the child line we don't actually see any hint of the trident until FSA kinda lends credence to the trident coming from the demon tribe.
Oh I definitely think even if they aren’t related both Ghirahim and the Trident are Demon Tribe artifacts. The Trident is specifically what turns Ganon into a demon and allows him to become the King of Darkness (of course, not the Demon King however; the Trident isn’t Triforce level.)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Right, and I understand the possibility he was simply eradicated from existence, but I don’t think there’s enough evidence one way or another to say this is exactly what happened. We know Ghirahim is capable of teleporting/making items appear and disappear at will (which he has multiple animations for). We also know that, while the sword spirits exist inside the two blades, when the sword spirit is dormant/defeated/etc, they just become regular blades, like the Master Sword in most entries for example (not to say the Master Sword is the same as the Kokiri Sword or something; it’s still the Blade of Evil’s Bane, just no sword spirit is active). There’s really no reason for Ghirahim to randomly disintegrate, especially since Demise wasn’t even dead; I’d argue if Link just left him like he did without absorbing him into the Master Sword, he’d most likely still survive.

Demise is dead n gone only thing left of him is his Hatred which is reborn. The sword itself is removed from existence which we literally see in game, then demise himself pulls a Snap and dusts out, From what we see without Demise, Ghirahim physically cannot exist. There is literally no evidence in the series to suggest a return for Ghirahim, he just dusted outta reality much like his boss.

Demise is dead n gone only thing left of him is his Hatred which is reborn. The sword itself is removed from existence which we literally see in game, then demise himself pulls a Snap and dusts out, From what we see without Demise, Ghirahim physically cannot exist. There is literally no evidence in the series to suggest a return for Ghirahim, he just dusted outta reality much like his boss.
But again, the sword disappearing wouldn’t really make sense. The sword itself is still a physical object. We see this when Fi is inactive - the sword spirit isn’t there, but the blade itself still is. On your point of Ghirahim not being able to exist without Demise, that’s objectively untrue or Ghirahim would have also disintegrated in the present after Link destroys Demise with the Triforce. I think it’s actually likelier something like this happened centuries prior - Demise wielded Ghirahim against Hylia, he was about to be sealed and Ghirahim fled because he knew that if he was sealed too, then Demise would never be able to escape/be revived because nobody would be there doing his dirty work in the Light World.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
But again, the sword disappearing wouldn’t really make sense. The sword itself is still a physical object. We see this when Fi is inactive - the sword spirit isn’t there, but the blade itself still is. On your point of Ghirahim not being able to exist without Demise, that’s objectively untrue or Ghirahim would have also disintegrated in the present after Link destroys Demise with the Triforce.

I think it’s actually likelier something like this happened centuries prior - Demise wielded Ghirahim against Hylia, he was about to be sealed and Ghirahim fled because he knew that if he was sealed too, then Demise would never be able to escape/be revived because nobody would be there doing his dirty work in the Light World.

Had to split that in two cuz the 2nd part really mucked with my brain there. I'm going by what we see in the game or in this case the video, we see the sword just disintergrate, no physical remains are left behind.

You say that Ghirahim would be able to exist, but his entire purpose was to free Demise, he was quite literally an extension of Demise's Will, i do think it's likely that in the midst of battle Demise cast his blade away and accepted loss on his own terms, he did in the end consume Hylias Soul, which kinda raises the question of foresight and how much he has (another topic for another time)

From what we see Ghirahim was utterly devoted to freeing Demise, to the point that he was fanatically searching for a way to target Zelda, in the end he does actually return to past to bring him back but only cuz current Demise is dead. We as link literally created a (ahah) link to the past allowing Ghirahim a lifeline.

Though if Ghirahim isn't tethered to Demise and he's indeed dead and gone, it brings up a big ole question, Wheres Past Ghirahim? was Ghirahim a recent creation, unlikely given he's seen in the cinematic about the demon invasion.

Again all this is just based of the game not external sources. It's basically differing opinions at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom