• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Have You Noticed Inflation?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Due to the recent state of the global economy inflation in many places around the world is quite high and the price of everyday goods are going up - where have you most noticed this in your lives?

In my hometown a small corner store I’ve been visiting all my life recently raised the price of cans of drink from $1 each to $1.50 which I don’t remember them ever having raised before. I’ve also noticed generally when shopping for food prices have gone up significantly as well as the prices at the places I am visiting here in Japan seem to have raised compared to my previous times here.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
ugh, seriously everything.
coffee, milk, meats, groceries in general.. gas, general household staples. it’s ridiculous, and things are so hard right now financially. I’ve had a goal of purchasing a bigger house this Spring, and unfortunately that can no longer happen because of how much costs have gone up. I don’t know how people are surviving honestly.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The cost of chocolate milk. The Walmart in my areas is charging $8 for a gallon of milk. Even more absurd is how that price isn't even common among the other stores in my area. I can drive down the street and buy a gallon for $5 at the gas station (which is still a dollar higher than it was a year ago, but gotta have that milk).

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I've noticed it in guitars, namely, new ones.

Back around 6 years ago, a guitar costing $700 could get you name brand pickups, quality hardware, and a whole host of other features.

Now, such guitars cost minimum around $1000.

I've noticed it in guitars, namely, new ones.

Back around 6 years ago, a guitar costing $700 could get you name brand pickups, quality hardware, and a whole host of other features.

Now, such guitars cost minimum around $1000.
This, even just in the past couple years. A PRS Zach Myers SE was $829 retail a few years ago... now it's $899 for a 2023 model. I remember being a teenager and thinking $1000 for a guitar was a lot and it would be such a high end guitar. Now most manufacturers' imported models are fetching close to those prices.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The big two: food and petrol. I'm thankful I don't have to drive for work as much as I used to, but food keeps going up and there's only so many cost-cutting measure you can go to (such buying homebrands and avoiding snacky foods).

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Pretty much everywhere, yea. The price of everything here is over twice as much it was a decade ago. Recently we got a new money bill, R$200, because our currency been kinda low valued compared to the US dollars.

I remember being baffled at the cost of cars in particular. It seems like even the most affordable models are around 3.5x more expensive at the moment, which considering the elevated price of gas, insurance, and maintenance, is kinda yikes.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Everything has gotten more expensive, groceries, gas (for cars and for the house), water, etc. It also doesn't help that renting around here has gotten more expensive too, it's just super expensive to live in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom