• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Where does Zelda U rate on your Zelda hype list

The original Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link are my oldest memories, not just in gaming but in life, as a result I've grown up with the Zelda series and have been there for each new installment.

Along the way some titles excited me more than others, for example Ocarina of Time's pre release hype was something to remember because i'd never seen a Zelda game in 3D before. Likewise Twilight Princess' pre release hype needs no explanation... However, on the flipside, I was never excited for the likes of Skyward Sword or A Link Between Worlds...

Zelda U though...

My hype list probably goes;

Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker (when we got a decent trailer, not that E3 2000 crap)
Zelda U

Though perhaps Zelda U will rise up my hype chart when we eventually see some more footage in 2 years time...

how about you, where does Zelda U rate on your Zelda hype list?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Twilight Princess - 10/10 (was a starving gamecube fan during a rough drought.)
Phantom Hourglass - 4/10 (heard it came out but wasnt too interested)
Spirit Tracks - 3/10 (didnt even hear about it until it came out)
Skyward Sword - 9/10 (wasnt hyped at first, but the week before was a big hype week. especially with rave reviews, everyone expected it to beat ocarina of time)
A Link Between Worlds - 6/10 (didnt have a 3ds when it was announced. if i did, my rating wouldve probably been higher. i saw the trailer, liked it a lot and wanted to play it. but that game did convince me to buy a 3ds and i ended up loving it.)

Zelda U - 7/10 (it looks like a really massive epic game with enough footage to make me salivate but still not a lot. the main factor here is that im growing up and gaming isn't my #1 hobby like it used to be.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm not excited at all. If they cancelled it I really wouldn't be bothered, I'm getting Witcher 3 soon which I dont think will be topped, it looks like the perfect game for me. I have been disappointed by Nintendo enough now, I dont trust them. I dont even like them. I'm gonna keep my Wii U in case they bring out HD remakes of my old favourites and I will try Zelda U. But if it isn't up to standard I will not buy another Nintendo console again.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, OoT was delayed two years, and look how it turned out. The guys at Nintendo know they're stuff, more time means more quality. Gameplay and art style look great. My hype is extremely high right now.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Ha, my current hype list is:
Yooka Laylee,
Splatoon,
No Man's Sky.

Zelda dropped off the list a while ago, I'll probably be more hyped when it's actually closer to the time it's going to be released and I know it isn't going to be delayed again. I love Zelda games but they get delayed a lot, so I'm not getting excited about it just yet.

Salem

SICK
It's pretty up there, but the worry that we may not see any new information about it this there reduces my hype.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Not really anything yet. I was hyped before E3 2014 and after the trailer was released, but the recent statement that they're not showing any gameplay at E3 this year has completely killed the hype for me. Nintendo sure does know how to market their games.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
It's on the level of "paranoid."

Gameplay wise, I don't really care what they do with it, because either way it looks fun, but I'm worried that Link is gonna be changed somehow. Like I'm worried he won't get his tunic, or that worse, Aonuma might actually listen to people on the internet and actually change him.

I'm sure that either way the game will fun, but I'm generally worried about the future of Link.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
It's on the level of "paranoid."

Gameplay wise, I don't really care what they do with it, because either way it looks fun, but I'm worried that Link is gonna be changed somehow. Like I'm worried he won't get his tunic, or that worse, Aonuma might actually listen to people on the internet and actually change him.

I'm sure that either way the game will fun, but I'm generally worried about the future of Link.
Sometimes change can be a good thing, what is important is how that change is handled.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
As far as other Zelda games go, I'm right in the middle with this one. Twilight Princess was my most-hyped Zelda game ever, and Ocarina of Time is second, but I guess Zelda U is third? I'm excited for it, as I am with any Zelda game, but I think I'll reserve my judgement until the release date gets (re)announced, and it gets closer to the day.

As far as all-time excitement and hype? Xenoblade X is my most-all-time hyped/excited game, and I'm dying to play it. I have to admit, however, that on that list is also GTA 4 and I sold that garbage back less than a week after I bought it, so my hype-list is full of ups as well as downs.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Sometimes change can be a good thing, what is important is how that change is handled.

There's no way changing Link can be good, it does nothing but appease people on the internet. It doesn't effect the gameplay or anything meaningful, it's just a change, that serves no actual benefits just a heaping spoonful of angry fans and fighting.

So while change can be good, it's not universally good, and changing Link is an example of change that flat out isn't good. No amount of handling will change this either. It's like saying changing Mario would be good so long as it's handled well, which is inaccurate as again no amount of handling wold make it good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom