• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Where Does Link's Crossobow Training Fit in Twilight Princess?

The question's up there. Basically, Link's crossbow training is definitely in set during Twilight Princess, so when during the game is it?

Alar

Clothed in Green
Well i dont think that nintendo wanted it to fit in anywhere in TP or even the timeline for that matter because it is a completly seperate game and not intended to have any relevance to the plot or story.If it were to fit in anywhere it would be at the end of the game,after link had been through yet another dungeon,picks up the crossbow and plays around with it and uses it in that game. Otherwise it has no relevant connection to the story or timeline.

David

But you called me here...
Its not supposed to fit anywhere. They just wanted to give people a game that uses that shooting accessory (I never bought it because I thought it looked kinda stupid and too short). From what I understand, there isn't really any story to the game anyway, so it doesn't fit with Twilight Princess anyway.

Abbs

I don't think it fits in anywhere in the timeline mainly since there is no plot to go along with it. It's just a short, simple game meant to kill an hour or two of boredom.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is meant as a kinda practise and nothing serious. I bought it early this year and played it. It is indeed more like a "Minigame" but you have to unlock levels/categories. Yes they added the Fruit shooting part which is a spin-off from the mini game at Lake Hylia.
Because it more for practise it is not really a MUST HAVE (unless you collect everything Zelda related of course)

Yeah, I guess it has stressed pretty much. I like the crossbow training idea, but I think this game is just like placing Link in the Smash bros Brawl. Just for fun, you can make up your own theory.

P

pokemainiac

It's meant to be strictly non-canon. It's just a tech demo for the Wii Zapper.

Din Akera

Sniper
Well i dont think that nintendo wanted it to fit in anywhere in TP or even the timeline for that matter because it is a completly seperate game and not intended to have any relevance to the plot or story.If it were to fit in anywhere it would be at the end of the game,after link had been through yet another dungeon,picks up the crossbow and plays around with it and uses it in that game. Otherwise it has no relevant connection to the story or timeline.

Okay guys, maybe it isn't cannon, or not 'supposed to fit' in the timeline, but we are a discussion forum, so try and answer the question. Maybe if you don't think it fits, say that, then try and answer the question anyway.

I personally, like the idea of it being part of TP, even though it isn't. I guess the real question is where did Link get the crossbow from? That would dictate a lot of when it would happen. But since in the demo we use the corss bow almost everywhere in Hyrule, it must be fairly late in the game. I wrote a mini-fic (that I never finished, lol) about this actually. I though that Renado in kakariko would have given it to him and Link kept it as another weapon choice for the rest of the game. Using as he went along to practice, maybe when he ran out of arrows for the bow! ;)

I guess the real question is where did Link get the crossbow from? That would dictate a lot of when it would happen. But since in the demo we use the corss bow almost everywhere in Hyrule, it must be fairly late in the game.
Given the period of history that Twilight Princess (and Zelda in general) mimics, a crossbow would be less along the lines of a unique or legendary weapon and more along the lines of a standard issue one. Particularly by military. So perhaps this is after Hyrule is restored because Link joined the military at Hyrule Castle? It's non-canon of course, but that's the closest possibility IMO.

Given the period of history that Twilight Princess (and Zelda in general) mimics, a crossbow would be less along the lines of a unique or legendary weapon and more along the lines of a standard issue one. Particularly by military. So perhaps this is after Hyrule is restored because Link joined the military at Hyrule Castle? It's non-canon of course, but that's the closest possibility IMO.

That's basically the closet you would get to placing it along the timeline amongst the canon Zelda games in the series. Other than that, the game was meant to be something to help get the Zapper selling, and nothing else. It's just meant to be a fun way to get to use the crossbow for the first weeks or so within buying the zapper and the game. It's not actually meant to fit in with the rest of the Zelda games, and the only reason it similar to Twilight Princess is because that would be the cheapest, fastest and best way to go about creating the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom