• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Do You Think ALttP Goes in the Timeline?

Where do you think ALttP goes in the timeline?

• Before SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between SS and OoT

• Between OoT and WW

• Between OoT and TP

• After WW

• After TP

• Total voters

Pen

The game is on!
So, as the title says, where in the Zelda timeline do you think that A Link to the Past fits in the best?

We can all agree about this timeline. Now where should A Link to the Past go?

WW | TP
_ \/
_ OoT
_ |
_ SS

I think it goes after Twilight Princess on the Child Timeline because A Link to the Past is the last game on it's side of the timeline to have the Master Sword (says so at the end of the game). I don't think it's after The Wind Waker though, because after The Wind Waker the games don't take place in the original Hyrule.

I just wanted to know your opinions on this because I've heard some other theories...

Last edited:

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
What evidence we have (and that is exceedingly limited at the moment) points to it being after TP, and that is due to the Master Sword being in the Lost Woods with the Temple of Time being in ruins in TP (further exposure to time and the elements would leave nothing but the pedistal and the sword like in ALTTP).

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think it's more likely to go on the AT for two main reasons:
1. Original intent. OoT was made with the intention of LttP following its adult ending. Some may argue that WW retconned this, and I agree to some extent, but
2. I believe that WW actually does a better job at setting up the Master Sword than TP does. LttP's backstory states that the Sages searched for but didn't find the Master Sword. After TP, It's in the woods, but its location is known and it's being studied by humans. After WW, it's at the bottom of the ocean, which is a pretty hard place to find something.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
1. Original intent. OoT was made with the intention of LttP following its adult ending. Some may argue that WW retconned this, and I agree to some extent, but
2. I believe that WW actually does a better job at setting up the Master Sword than TP does. LttP's backstory states that the Sages searched for but didn't find the Master Sword. After TP, It's in the woods, but its location is known and it's being studied by humans. After WW, it's at the bottom of the ocean, which is a pretty hard place to find something.
But then how would it come to be in the Lost Woods after it was in the Great Sea? While the people kind of knew of where the Master Sword was in TP, it is only told as a legend in ALTTP as to it's wherabouts being in the Lost Woods. Time makes memories and facts fuzzy and into rumors. It is likely they forgot it was in the woods. We don't know the expanse of time there could be between TP and ALTTP. Going off the general assumption that ALTTP IS after TP, it would have to be long enough for the temple ruins to become either completely overgrown or eroded from time. Certainly long enough to forget the sword is out there.

Big Octo

=^)
Also, how would the Master Sword, Triforce, and Ganon get to New Hyrule?

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Well... with the Triforce, we don't know what happens to it. It merely... ascends. It doesn't state it is going to Hyrule, Sacred Realm, or new Hyrule. It merely goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom