• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Where do you get your weapons from?

So, say you're battling a lot of high level enemies for whatever reason and you break most of your decent weapons.

Your great flameblade with durability + , royal claymore with +25 attack, your Sword of Six Sages that youll never see again because the amiibo was evil and it took you ages to get it but that lizalfos just would ****ing die!! *ahem*...

So, now you need to stock your weapons back up and the weapons the enemies have dropped arent to your tastes (because Lizal weapons suck and the boko ones are ugly), where do you go?

Do you go to Hyrule Castle and take out some Moblins for some of the Royal series?
Do you go to the colosseum for some swanky elemental weaponry and Lynel gear?

Where do you go?

I don't let mysrlf get to this state in the first place. But if I know I am heading down this path, I equip the master sword and barbarian set and go kill something for a decent enough weapon.

I kill the Lynels in the Taobab grasslands or in the Badlands behind death mountain.

I don't let most of my weapons break, I kind of keep a nice stock of weapons for the future and when one does break, I usually replace it with a weapon from whatever battle is taking place and use that instead. Other than that, I usually get my stock of royal weapons from hinoxes (since they usually have the bonuses I want, while the ones in the castle, do not), and then I stock up on lynel spears from the lynels in Floria, Gerudo Highlands, and the Taobab Grasslands.

My inventory usually looks something like this. Classic throwaway weapon and then literally everything else.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I always have the Master Sword equipped and I try to play it smart by using bombs to weaken enemies so I don't have to use durability. It's been a long, long time since I've had less than 3 empty slots in my weapon inventory. When I start to run low (I say "run low" but really ive still got like 17 other weapons) I go look for a Hinox. They always have a Royal Broadsword and another good Royal weapon and a Royal bow. I get most of my weapons from them. If not a Hinox, then a silver monster. They usually have Royal Broadswords and Royal Shields too, especially the ones in treehouses.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
When my stock is low then I go hunting for Lynels. Usually I try to keep a few throwaway weapons up front so that I don't have to waste all the good ones on Lynel battles. If one of my Savage Lynel swords is wearing down, then I'll just save it for back-slashing when mounted. As for anything else, the Coliseum is my go to place for elemental weapons and getting the occasional Royal set from raiding random enemy camps. Also, ancient gear is something I need more of. Now that I have all the shrines completed, I should find all of the Major Battle loci and nab their stuff too. =B

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Can't really say this is much of an issue for me, because I adapt my fighting to the weapons I can get and I hardly end up standing without a decent thing to fight. More often I find myself having to choose between two good weapons and having a hard time deciding which to drop because I don't have the space. Generally I find myself thinking I should hunt down some bosses so that I can use some weapons up on fights that matter, but even when I do they generally drop something good that instantly replaces whatever I break fighting them.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Can't really say this is much of an issue for me, because I adapt my fighting to the weapons I can get and I hardly end up standing without a decent thing to fight. More often I find myself having to choose between two good weapons and having a hard time deciding which to drop because I don't have the space.
Happens to me all the time too. I never really have troubles being without decent/great weapons. I always have trouble running out of space.

I just use whatever's on hand. Chances are I've murdered the **** out of many things and their weapons litter the ground. I'm not picky. If it's a **** weapon it will be broken soon anyway.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Well, I'd never let this happen to my weapons (But maybe my shields), but if it did, I'd just get some low-leveled crap from somewhere, and start fresh, probably going to the coliseum for some decent gear at a low cost, avoiding the Lynel until I had better stuff. Then I'd sneak into Hyrule Castle, and get some Royal gear, and basically be back to where I was at, since almost my entire inventory is composed of Royal/Royal Guard items.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I often use the Royal series, so I just go and grap one two-handed weapon, put on the Barbarian gear and go one-shotting Blue or Black Hinoxes with help of Urbosa's Fury. They often have Royal bows, Halbergs and swords,which I mostly use. If I have open slots I usually just pick every decent weapon, such as dragonbone spears or clubs (not big fan of two-hnaders) and then replace them if I come across better weapons that I want to use. I challenge Lynels for weapons rarely, since I often break more weapons than I get out of it. And of course if I need elemental weapons, mainly frost and thunder spears (I like spears a lot), I go to Coliseum for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom