• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Did You Get Your Username From?

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
Well it started when I was deciding on a name for my Youtube channel,everything I tried didn't work so I went with the first thing that came into my mind,which happend to be Prince Ralis from Twilight Princess,but since I misspelled it,I've decided that my username would be my own username and not named after something else.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My new username isn't just because I like the character and find her adorable. She's also just the only character I've ever felt connected to and saw similarities with me and them.

Silica is very bright, (Not trying to sound conceited here. I don't think I'm a genius. I do think I am decent in school though. I am also smart because while my friends are out getting drunk and high, I stay at home and don't ruin my life. :)) cheerful, (I know I have been down a lot recently, but for the most part I try to stay as positive as possible) and supportive of her friends. She is especially very caring and encouraging to the friend she is very fond of. She also has a very deep attachment for her pet. I feel like all of these things describe me pretty well.

I also like Silica because of my interest in science, chemistry in particular.
Keiko's family follows a tradition when naming their children. Since Keiko's grandfather was a chemist, he named his son Tetsuhiko after iron (鉄, Tetsu) since Tetsuhiko was born on the 6th of February and the 26th element (2nd month and 6th day) in the periodic table is iron. Tetsuhiko continued this tradition and named his daughter Keiko after the 14th element, silicon (珪素, Keiso), as Keiko was born on the 4th of October but Tetsuhiko couldn't make a girl's name after the 104th element, Rutherfordium, so he resorted to merging 10 and 4 to get 14.

Keiko's display name, Silica, means Silicon Dioxide (SiO2). She chose this name for her character due to her real name being based on silicon, the 14th element in the periodic table. The reason why she chose "Silica" instead of "Silico" was because "Silica" sounded cuter. She even ties her hair with two red ribbons to have 2 ring baubles which symbolize 2 oxygen atoms bound to her.

So that's the reason behind my recent change. I am very pleased with it and will most likely keep if for a while. I honestly don't see me changing it (or wanting to change it) any time soon.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
My new username isn't just because I like the character and find her adorable. She's also just the only character I've ever felt connected to and saw similarities with me and them.

Silica is very bright, (Not trying to sound conceited here. I don't think I'm a genius. I do think I am decent in school though. I am also smart because while my friends are out getting drunk and high, I stay at home and don't ruin my life. :)) cheerful, (I know I have been down a lot recently, but for the most part I try to stay as positive as possible) and supportive of her friends. She is especially very caring and encouraging to the friend she is very fond of. She also has a very deep attachment for her pet. I feel like all of these things describe me pretty well.

I also like Silica because of my interest in science, chemistry in particular.

So that's the reason behind my recent change. I am very pleased with it and will most likely keep if for a while. I honestly don't see me changing it (or wanting to change it) any time soon.

What is this character from?

...I'm sorry, I'm not very smart...

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Mizuki is the name of one of my Zelda OCs. I was really found of the name because has two meanings in Japanese.

'mi' can be Japanese for 'beautiful' and 'zuki' can be Japanese for 'moon'. So, in this case mizuki translates to beautiful moon.

'mizu' is the Japanese word for water(for you Naruto fans, the Mizukage ;3) and 'ki' is Japanese for 'hope'. Water hope in the end translation.

But my character's name means 'beautiful moon' because' water hope' is sort of stupid to have as a translation for a character name, if you ask me. As for the two ~'s, it's my favorite symbol on the keyboard~

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I stole it... from the best player I have ever faced & seen in any game ever. I originally got spanked in a round of Call of duty from someone called zorth89/90/88 (the only thing I remember for sure is the actual name). He then proceeded to tug me (and the rest of the lobby) around in a leash with the subsequent session. I added him and we played around for a while and later moved to PC. Everything from CoD to CS to LoL to WoW, and even Age of Empires. Anything he touched, he forced to bow before him... ohhh I was in love. Then he suddenly disappeared without a trace, most likely died, so I stole his name.

Many many many moons ago, two friends and I decided to write a .Hack// story. I couldn't choose a name for my OC, so Imogen named me Naruko.

That story lasted over 100 pages, and we got pretty silly towards the end, but Naruko stuck. =)

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Sooo when i was a kid i really loved the kirby games alot and in one of the games in the beginning there is a black kirby that runs out and if you catch him you get a reward. I would never get it and it sorta stuck in my brain. Im wierd ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom