• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Hourglass Where Did The Wind Waker Go?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
If there's a thread like this, or, if I'm completely wrong and there was an explanation for this somewhere in Wind Waker, feel free to close this. So, in between WW and PH, where did the Wind Waker go? Is it just an oversight by the creators? Is it something significant? Did I just forget something? Or, as I suspect, did Link just leave it on his dresser when the events of the game began?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Hibernation.

Fine, Locke, be that way. It's highly likely the Wind Waker was kept somewhere safe, making sure evil would never lay a finger on it. Where it's [possibly] being kept is unknown, but one can only assume it's in a safe location.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm pretty certain that the item "dissipated" after the events of TWW - recall that 'the Hero of Winds' was only changing the direction of winds in order for him to find and retrieve his sister. All the other stuff about Ganondorf and what not were bonus features in his script. Once the events of TWW were over and done with there ideally wouldn't be a need for dabbling in 'luck'; his prior adventures as I said were over and done with.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You could say the same about all of Link's equipment in The Wind Waker. Where did his sword and shield go? Where did his bow and arrow and his bombs and his rupees go? Phantom Hourglass and The Wind Waker are separate games; there's no reason for the items to carry over from one game to the next. Timelines don't mean anything as far as the individual games go, even for direct sequels.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Well, Link was supposed to lose all his items when he fell off the pirate ship and was swept to Oshus' Island: this is why he doesn't have his sword or anything. So in all logical sense the Wind Waker and the Master Sword are somewhere at the bottom of the ocean in the Adult timeline but who knows, maybe they weren't with Link when he was swept away and are were enshrined for a future hero or something.

He doesn't have the Master Sword either in the opening scene of PH; maybe he gave up all the trappings of the hero, including the Wind Waker, once he defeated Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom