• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Where Did the Kokiri Go in the Defeated and the Child Timeline?

Well, I think the defeated timeline could be explained by all the destruction that would take place after Link is defeated. The Kokiri could have simply been all wiped out. I don't know as much about the games in this line personally, but if you think about it, the creatures from Ocarina of Time aren't in the defeated games. I could have simply been a war and the different species died out. I don't know about the child line, but I think the defeated line has a plausible explanation.

is it possible that there was no deku tree sprout in the child timeline because link never beat the forest temple in the child timeline?

As we saw with Ganon threatening to feed the Gorons to Volvagia, he was not above genocide. Likely they and many other races were either wiped out or fled.

is it possible that there was no deku tree sprout in the child timeline because link never beat the forest temple in the child timeline?

I believe in the "fall" timeline Link fell during the final fight with Ganon, but I may be incorrect in that assertion

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
you also gotta think about the fact that the Kokiri is where Link came from..... Kinda. So after Link is defeated, its not a surprise if gannon would have took them out first! Just a thought!

As we saw with Ganon threatening to feed the Gorons to Volvagia, he was not above genocide. Likely they and many other races were either wiped out or fled.

I believe in the "fall" timeline Link fell during the final fight with Ganon, but I may be incorrect in that assertion

i know and agree with that. I'm talking about the child timeline

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Failure: I would assume that they were destroyed along with most Hylian culture by Ganon post OoT, but there is no true evidence.

Child: It has been implied that the monkeys are the Kokiri's new form, but there is, again, no empirical evidence to support this claim.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I believe that the Koroks from The Wind Waker are the Kokiri Children. The live on a island that has a tree called The Great Deku Tree. Now this tree is not the same from the Child timeline, but the sprout that is born in the Adult timeline.

It says in HH that the kokiri appear to be gone from the child timeline. so no I don't think they evolved into something else, something wiped them out.

I believe that the Koroks from The Wind Waker are the Kokiri Children. The live on a island that has a tree called The Great Deku Tree. Now this tree is not the same from the Child timeline, but the sprout that is born in the Adult timeline.

Yeah, I think that most fans—particularly those who have played The Wind Waker—are well aware of that fact... The OP was referring to the other branches of the timeline in which the Kokiri seemingly disappeared from existence.

On a side-note: The lumberjack guys seen in A Link to the Past appear to slightly resemble the Kokiri. This, however, is more than likely a mere coincidence...

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
After the 7-year hibernation in OoT, you go back to the village and see monsters have made homes there. Their safety was already in jeopardy before the game had ended. So it's safe to say that when Link fails, the village does, too. Much like other races that are no longer prevalent, like the Gorons and the good Zora.

On the child timeline, we can assume that whatever point you return to is not before the Deku Tree's death (he died before you even left the village the first time, after all). So even on that timeline the Kokiri have lost their protector. Without the evil necessitating a new hero, and without anyone to purify the land to allow a new sprout to grow, their time may well have been limited.

This is purely speculation from here, but a possibility could be that, depending on the time Zelda sent Link back to, there is a good chance that the Great Deku Tree was dead. I believe that somewhere in the game it is said that the Great Deku Tree was what protected the Kokiri from monsters. This would also explain why the forest is overrun with monsters when you come back as an adult. Therefore, with the Great Deku Tree dead and no new tree planted, the forest could have been overrun by monsters again and the Kokiri were all killed. Another possibility could be that once the Great Deku Tree was gone, the Kokiri might have decided to venture out of the forest. This could be because of curiousity, or just because they saw Link do it, frankly I don't know. Once they ventured out of the forest they might have moved to a different area or just became some sort of monster or something. None of these are really perfect, just speculating ideas. I think what it all boils down to though is that they did not belong in Majora's Mask due to the different area, Nintendo probably thought the Kokiri just wouldn't fit with Twilight Princess's more gritty story, and to me Four Swords Adventures wasn't really about the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom