• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Did Navi Go?

So a question i was thinking about...

In the end of Oot, navi just leaves the temple of time and is never seen again.
In MM link is seen riding epona through the forest without navi.
So what happen? Where did she go?
Did she go back to kokiri forest and live happily ever after by her lonesome self.
Was she eaten by rabid dogs on the way home?
Or is this one of those things where some guy at nintendo accidently slept in and forgot about it

No one forgot about it, we purposely don't get told because it allows us to use our imagination and come up with our own story for Na'vi, whether you make it a happy one or a sad one is up to you. It's also highly hinted that Link is looking for Na'vi at the beginning of MM so I don't believe she just returned to Kokiri Forest, but I've always thought Link was actually looking for Saria.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
At the end of Ocarina of Time Link is trasported to his childhood so he could live a normal life. Navi was only given to Link for his adventure during Ocarina of Time. Even though they are both friends Navi had to leave Link at the end of the game. When you see Link searching through the forest at the beginning of Majora's Mask he is actually searching for his "Dear Friend" as it as stated in the opening cutscene. You know that he is searching for Navi because:

1) You hear the "Fairy Noise" that Navi makes.
2) Navi is the only "Dear Friend" that Link could be looking for.

I hope this helped! Ciao!

but I've always thought Link was actually looking for Saria.

No, it's confirmed he is looking for Navi. Saria is the Sage of the Forest and is bound to that responsibility. Link knows this and accepts it.

No, it's confirmed he is looking for Navi. Saria is the Sage of the Forest and is bound to that responsibility. Link knows this and accepts it.

Ah, thanks... I just thought that he might have been searching for a way to get to her, there was always something more than just friendship there but if it's confirmed that he's looking for Na'vi then fair enough.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'd just like to point out that the fact that Link is searching for Navi in the Lost Woods at the beginning of MM does not lead to the conclusion that Navi is in the Lost Woods. I know no one here specifically made that claim, but it's something worth clearing up anyway. MiniMouseofPyru has the right idea.

Pfft... Dogs in LoZ aren't rabid
It's obvious that our uncaped crusader was eaten by Rabid Wolfos

Okay but to be for real I think it's likely that Tatl was Navi's Terminian counterpart. But this is also HIGHLY likely false. So I figure Navi just became like a part of the forest or stayed where Link would least likely look for her (With the Baby Deku Tree).

well i think when link was going back in time to the past in Oot they some how got split up and then hes trying to look for navi in majors mask because thats how it starts out in the game

I don't know, I would kind of like to think that Link tries to look for Saria as well. but him trying to find Navi makes sense.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Okay, I'm going to walk myself through this.

Step #1: When did she leave?

Navi left link while he was an adult after returning the master sword

Step #2: Why did she leave?

Unknown, maybe she felt as if her task was done. Or she really did not like Link.

Step #3: How did she leave?

By flying, she could be anywhere in the kingdom by now.

Step #4: Where did she leave to? Or, if you were a fairy, where would you go?

This is the hardest question:
•She might have had friends in the forest and went back to her former life
•She might have disapeared in a magical way. I think it is possible that the Deku tree might have created Navi to help link. After she completed this task, she would have disapeared because the Deku tree was dead. (a very far fetched idea, I know). This raises the questions of why the Deku tree chose Navi and how fairies are created.
•She might have really had to go to the bathroom and left. When she got back, link was gone. (lol)

I agree. I think Navi went back to the forest to her former way of life. It makes sense because the only reason she was helping Link was to aid him in saving Hyrule.. and after that her job was done.

I always thought Na'vi left because Link wasn't a forest child and therefore when she had completed her task for the Deku Tree by seeing Link through saving the world her job was done and she was no longer bound to stay with link. My belief is that Na'vi passes on to the afterlife with to be with the Deku Tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom