• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Where Did Navi Go and Why?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
They didn't use Navi's name at all, only implied it was her with the fairy flying sound effect, and referring to the person he's looking for as a friend.

Granted, you are right.

I don't remember the actual script, but than lets assume this friend wasn't navi, why was this plot element introduced and abandoned? But since this thread is about navi, and that there is a high probability that the friend link was looking for is navi, lets try and avoid dwelling into the semantics, and actually ponder why Nintendo would use this as a plot starter which would have no follow up what so ever.

Granted, you are right.

I don't remember the actual script, but than lets assume this friend wasn't navi, why was this plot element introduced and abandoned? But since this thread is about navi, and that there is a high probability that the friend link was looking for is navi, lets try and avoid dwelling into the semantics, and actually ponder why Nintendo would use this as a plot starter which would have no follow up what so ever.

Who's to say they won't follow up? the wrote a sequel to ocarina of time 10 years after it (wind waker) I wouldn't be surprised if they revisit the hero of time sometime soon, maybe even for Zelda wii u

In my opinion they have to revisit the hero of time, there are some plot holes on the defeated and the child timeline. Twinrova somehow comes back to life to revive ganon on the defeated timeline, and link somehow makes it back to hyrule and becomes hero shade on the child timeline.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
What other friend did Link have who would have any reason to leave him? The only one who comes to mind is Navi.

My point is that they never used Navi's name. They didn't use Navi as the direct springboard for MM, only a 'lost friend' which becomes inconsequential pretty quick. We all know it was Navi, and those who are unsure usually didn't hear the sound effect. But she's still never directly referred to.

In my opinion they have to revisit the hero of time, there are some plot holes on the defeated and the child timeline. Twinrova somehow comes back to life to revive ganon on the defeated timeline, and link somehow makes it back to hyrule and becomes hero shade on the child timeline.

There are a lot of holes when it comes to the defeated timeline, and only the one technical hole in the Child Timeline.

Honestly the CT hole isn't that big, however. When you take into account there's a lot of time for Link to grow after MM, and hundreds of years between MM and TP, it's not a stretch to assume what brought him back, probably wasn't all that important. The only real way you'd get to see what happens is if a filler villain gets thrown in somewhere.

As for the Defeated timeline, like I said there are a lot of holes. I did try to fill a few but bringing it to theorists... it's a tough crowd, gotta say.

My point is that they never used Navi's name. They didn't use Navi as the direct springboard for MM, only a 'lost friend' which becomes inconsequential pretty quick. We all know it was Navi, and those who are unsure usually didn't hear the sound effect. But she's still never directly referred to.

Yeah, but they probably expected the fanbase to have half a brain and just assume it was her. Even if she wasn't directly referred to, I think it's safe to say that she was heavily, strongly hinted to, with full intention from the game creators. I think it'd be me talking to my best friend about her crush. "So, you ask him out yet?" The name isn't used, but based on the knowledge of the situation she still knows directly who I'm talking about.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Yeah, but they probably expected the fanbase to have half a brain and just assume it was her. Even if she wasn't directly referred to, I think it's safe to say that she was heavily, strongly hinted to, with full intention from the game creators. I think it'd be me talking to my best friend about her crush. "So, you ask him out yet?" The name isn't used, but based on the knowledge of the situation she still knows directly who I'm talking about.

... Still missing the point? I'm not saying it's not Navi, I'm not saying nobody knows (I said the opposite in what you quoted for example). I responded to someone who demanded to know why Navi was so heavily referred to only to be unimportant... by reminding them that she wasn't given a direct reference, and the reference was as big a gloss-over as how a healing potion works.

We're not even arguing opposing points here.

Last edited:
M

Majora's411

I think Navi "liked" Link, but since Miyamoto confirmed Zelda and Link are romantically involved, it couldn't work out... sad. You had a cool theory though. :)

Salem

SICK
Maybe Navi finally realised that she's such a horrible person, so she left Link to go kill herself so she wouldn't burden link anymore.

S

snilges

Navi knew what she was doing in the Temple of Time, because if she didn't, then she would have just flown off if you traveled back to that time in the normal game. My theory is a more simple approach. You had defeated Ganondorf, and you have sealed him away for now. Navi realized she had helped Link on his quest and that quest was over, and she didn't need to help Link anymore, so she flew off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom