• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Where Did Navi Go and Why?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Where Did Navi Go?

Where did Navi go? She leaves Link as soon as he returns to the past in OoT. Link then spends an entire game looking for her, and he fails to find her as far as we see. So where could Navi have gone?

Z

zora master

maybe but i think that she thought that her job guiding link was complete and left because she had finished the great deku trees wishs and saved hyrule.:l:dizzy

If your talking about in majora's mask they never mention who hes looking for i my opinion i think hes looking for the skull kid.:)

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Well, in Phantom Hourglass we have ciela. Ciela lost her memory and bears an uncanny resemblance to Navi.

She then gets her memory back after you complete a certain dungeon (you don't have all of Ciela to start with). She's all her own fairy, nothing to do with Navi.

Well, I have to agree with everyone about Navi finishing her quest. It's clear through the whole game she is all business (CONSTANTLY reminding you where you needed to go no matter if you were on your way or whatever), kinda vibing she can't stand being stuck with "such a lazy boy" It seems likely to me Navi never even liked Link and just didn't want to let the Great Deku Tree in vain. Then, with Hyrule safe she didn't even say good bye just hit the bricks. I think the manga says something along the lines of Navi left because she loved Link and couldn't handle the heartbreak of her being a fairy and him being Hylian. Though not Canon it's a sadly, cute tale to think about and oddly the only explanation with any kind of support (even if the support is just the fact that anything slightly feminine in Hyrule throws herself at Link).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Where did Navi go? She leaves Link as soon as he returns to the past in OoT. Link then spends an entire game looking for her, and he fails to find her as far as we see. So where could Navi have gone?

So I think I solved this part of the thread...

Link gets sent back in time by Zelda, so fast forward to Majoras Mask he is looking for Navi. Now take a look at these two screenshots I managed to get:

31992-1362587669625.jpg
and
31991-1362587669841.jpg

Now the first screenshot is when Link first meets Zelda, Navi is clearly present and even Zelda says "Oh...is that a fairy?" However the second screenshot is from when Link gets sent to the past, here Navi is not present and this is the exact same moment as to where Navi pops out in the original scene.

So In my opinion Navi did not return with Link, she stayed with Zelda. Now if we think about this if Link is sent to the past at that moment he should indeed have Navi right? I mean up to this point he has needed Navi's help at the request of the Great deku Tree. This makes me think that Navi does in fact not exist when this split occurs, she stayed on the Adult Timeline.

N

Namurashi

So I think I solved this part of the thread...

Link gets sent back in time by Zelda, so fast forward to Majoras Mask he is looking for Navi. Now take a look at these two screenshots I managed to get:

31992-1362587669625.jpg
and
31991-1362587669841.jpg

Now the first screenshot is when Link first meets Zelda, Navi is clearly present and even Zelda says "Oh...is that a fairy?" However the second screenshot is from when Link gets sent to the past, here Navi is not present and this is the exact same moment as to where Navi pops out in the original scene.

So In my opinion Navi did not return with Link, she stayed with Zelda. Now if we think about this if Link is sent to the past at that moment he should indeed have Navi right? I mean up to this point he has needed Navi's help at the request of the Great deku Tree. This makes me think that Navi does in fact not exist when this split occurs, she stayed on the Adult Timeline.

I'm confused, because Navi is shown flying away from Link as he puts the Master Sword back into it's pedestal. Also, before she flies away she spends a good amount of time hovering over Link. Thing is, we don't see a speech bubble pop up here but at that moment she could be saying her goodbyes OR she could have wanted to say something but couldn't because saying goodbye after their long journey together would hurt too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOvHs_C5Aw

Skip to 8:55

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Piehead

I'm confused, because Navi is shown flying away from Link as he puts the Master Sword back into it's pedestal. Also, before she flies away she spends a good amount of time hovering over Link. Thing is, we don't see a speech bubble pop up here but at that moment she could be saying her goodbyes OR she could have wanted to say something but couldn't because saying goodbye after their long journey together would hurt too much.

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Ending 3DS - YouTube

Skip to 8:55

This is so weird I just beat OOT recently and I haven't seen a lot of this video! Pretty much it gets to around 8:30 and says "The End". I'm going to have to kill Ganon again just to see this ending to make sure I don't have memory lapses. Also I beat it on the N64 if that makes a difference.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Navi clearly came back with Link to the Child Timeline. Her presence must be in there somewhere. I don't know where, but I really hope nintendo does her justice and brings our favorite fairy back.

They should continue the story of the Hero of Time on Wii U. Show how he went from Majora's Mask to Hero's Shade. He was searching for Navi after all in Majora's Mask so his journey wasn't over when he stopped the moon. I know this is extremely unlikely but I love the few true sequel Zelda games and think the Hero of Time would be the most likely to get another.

Sending link back in time would not have erased anyones memory. the reason that zelda wouldn't know link is not because erased memory, its because when you meet her at the end of the game, it is your first time meeting her, just like at the beggining of the game when you get a note from her. I think since you didn't need navi anymore, she had other things to do and moved on.

DarkLink17

Well then
It seemed like Navi ever liked Link in the first place. She's just there to remind him what to do, not much else. So at the end of OOT, she probably wanted to settle down after all the adventuring. Find a nice male fairy, move into a new (tree) house, maybe even have some kids. Everyone retires eventually right?

I'd honestly always felt a connection between Link and Navi. More so in the game than the manga, which had her tell him, "I love you, Link!" Or something. I can't remember.

I was pissed when she left because she's my favourite fairy. My thoughts are pretty much the same as everyone else; Deku told her to go to Link to assist him on his journey, but he wasn't a Kokori and therefore not a "child" forever and had no reason to stay. Still, I think she could have if she wanted to.

Maybe she just went to return to the Deku Sprout? Go back in time to where she should be and assist a different Kokori that would need her as a fairy?

Now for a ******** crack theory: Why did the Deku tree send Navi? Why not some other fairy? Sure it could have been any of them, t why her? Maybe she was like a reject fairy or something, in the way that Link could have been considered a "reject Kokori" at first.

Or maybe she really DID love him, and knowing that for natural...reasons...that they could never be together, she left in a heartbreak. Either way **** YOU MIYAMOTO. I love Navi....

Where did Navi go, and why?
Where did Midna go, and why?
Where did Fi go, and why?

That same question can be asked about every supporting role character, except though we do know where most of them went, but the why can be answered the same way, the game was over.

The real question is why they bothered using Navi's name to start the plot of Majora's Mask and than mysteriously excluding her from the plot entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom