• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where BoTW Fits

The sages from OoT never awakened in the CT. The sages who sealed Ganon in the Twilight Realm where the Ancient Sages who have been watching over the Mirror of Twilight since Ancient Times. And they did remember Ganondorf, hence the reference to an ''evil man''. Evil Man/King of Evil is semantics; Even if he gained the ToP and gained a title, he was still a man throughout OoT, and an evil one. This was written from the perspective of the Zora, it makes sense for Ruto to be mentioned by name. It also said that Ruto awakened as a sage at this time, eliminating the possibility of it being in the Child Era

I think the Zora Monuments alone rules out the possibility of BotW being on the adult timeline. Consider this: what's the one thing the monumnets lack to mention which should have been mentioned, considering it significantly affected the Zora? That's the Great Flood that happened in the Adult Timeline. It affected the Zora so much, it forced them to adapt to the seawater which made them evolve into the Rito of WW.

Even if the Great Sea miraculously washed away after WW, the Rito would Chronicle Princess Ruto instead as there would be no more Zora left after evolving into the Rito. The fact that Rito and Zora coexist in BotW suggests that the Rito are a completely different Race to the Zora, and with Zora still existing means that the Great Flood never happened because the Zora had no means to drastically evolve to their environment. This is evident in the fact that the Zora Monuments do not mention the Great Flood as it should do if BotW is on the Adult Timeline. Because of this it is impossible for the Ruto Monument to be talking about Ruto's successful acheivements in aiding Link in the adult part of Ocarina of Time.

I'm pretty sure that HH mentions Link warning Zelda as their first meeting being taken in a new direction, which would make it before Link even met Ruto anyway.

I think one thing Fans may have got wrong about the Zelda Timeline is how far Zelda sends Link back to his childhood after defeating Ganon in Ocarina of Time. Fans assume he was sent back before Ocarina of Time even began, meaning Ocarina of Time never happened, but that's not what the Hyrule Historia explicitly says. It's states that Zelda rewinds the seven years Link spent sleeping. This means he could of most likely been sent back still during the events of Ocarina of Time.

I'd say Link was sent back after collecting the Spritual Stones but before Ganondorf initiated his attack on Hyrule Castle. If he was sent back then, Link's acheivements in Dodongo's Cavern and Inside Lord Jabu-Jabu would be backed by Darunia and Ruto respectively. This would then prove Ganondorf's evil intent and Zelda's Prophecy to the King of Hyrule, thus the King allowing Zelda to intrust Link with the Ocarina of Time and catch Ganondorf out when he tries to steal the Ocarina of Time.

This in turn would allow Darunia and Ruto to awaken as sages of their time due to helping Link and Zelda prove to the King of Hyrule about Ganondorf's designs to take over Hyrule. By this I assume that only Darunia and Ruto awoke as sages in the child timeline which, in ruto's case, would validate the Zora monument in BotW.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Well, something must've happened to the Gorons if it was in the downfall timeline (They're not in the it) and the Zora are hostile. That one Zora from BoTW does NOT like hylians, which explains the Zoras, but what about the Gorons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom