• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Are Your Ancestors From?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I am English along with many of my ancestors but there were also Spanish and French people before me.

They came from Saturn, but thats just our little secret, ok?

In seriousness, I'm pretty sure spain.

My my, 2010, eh?

Being biracial means that my ancestors come from different parts of the globe that seem to be total opposites as far as culture goes. My maternal ancestors originate from France; most of them came to the US long ago and settled in the state of Louisiana. However, genetic testing has found that there's a significant amount of mtDNA that originates from Germany, Italy and other places, and there's also a meager degree of Native American influences, including Blackfoot. Judging from the rules of blood-quantum, I'd probably be 1/16[sub]th[/sub](?) Native. So this means I have a menagerie of ancestral roots, at least on my mom's side.

My paternal ancestors originate from the Indian sub-continent and Sri Lanka, a country off the coast of India. My dad came to the US in the 1970s in search for a better life, and he was alone, so any recent paternal family members still reside in Sri Lanka. As far as I know, that is as far back as my paternal ancestry goes. :/

My mother's grandparents were from France, but on my dad's side everyone was German.
Pretty boring in my opinion, there's not even one single person in my family left who can speak French :hmm:

Like a lot of people, I have a bit of a mix of ancestry. Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English, German, Italian, and French are the ones I know of for sure. My family is one of those that likes to trace back our heritage and learn about our ancestors, so it’s pretty neat to know about the lives of your relatives from a long time ago, and see the interesting or unusual characters buried in your family’s background. :>

I only know that they are from Japan:), my grandfather was a Nisei.I think that some from my mom's side may be from somewhere in Europe. I'm sorry I don't really know.:P

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
My ancestry goes back to the Mayflower (John Rogers) with the possibility of some Native American roots. Others in my line were from, England, Poland, and Germany.

Night Owl

~Momentai
At first I thought I was half German and half Finnish/French.
Turns out I am part German, Yugoslavian, French, Finish, Polish, Bulgarian... I think that's most of what I remember from our conversation about that earlier. I do remember my comment about being part Viking though. :lol:

Norwegian, Greek and Swedish primarily, but a whole bunch of other stuff mixed in with that if you go back far enough. I'm a mongrel. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom